Windows Explorer - No preview available - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Windows Explorer - No preview available

I had not reconfigured Acronis in a while, so maybe i was looking at the settings wrong, but i was only trying to get my C drive but somehow, it would not let me select only the system files, and i could only select the whole C drive.

Since i am kind of running late in various project doing this and not even be sure of the result (and risking even more trouble), i decided to bring it in the shop this morning. Crossing fingers they will figure out something for me (and not mess it up like i might have done).

I normally select to image the entire drive (all partitions). That way, if something goes wrong, in your case with a Windows repair install, it is possible to restore the system to exactly the way it was before.

If you back up only your files, then if something goes wrong, you have to reinstall Windows, update Windows, reinstall your software, restore your data, which is much more time consuming and involves a lot more of your actual time to perform tasks. A restore from a disk image might take a while, but you don't have to do anything other than start it up and check it afterwards.

Well as i mentioned earlier, i opted to bring the computer to the shop (they have more time and more expertise and if they mess up, they fix it). The tech has been working on it for 2 days, and they have not found a solution yet. They tried various things, including stuff on the registry, and also a Windows repair, and nothing has worked. They still have a couple of things they need to try, but if those are unsuccessful, the only option will be a reformat. NOT looking forward to the verdict tomorrow.

If the Repair Install failed to correct the issue, then most likely your system files are OK, and it is a setting somewhere, either in the registry or elsewhere, that is causing the problem. The authors of your beta software should be able to tell you what registry or other settings their software affects.

Another tester has brought up an observation of something else that the program might have touched, on Windows side: the details tab in the Image Information window contains different sets of data after installing the program. I can compare because my work laptop never had the program installed. Hopefully, the author of the software can make some kind of connection with my issue.

Fingers crossed!

After 3 days of work, the technician at the computer shop has not been able to find the actual cause of this issue but found that the Media Preview application makes my images and previews appear again. I am happy with it.

http://www.babelsoft.net/products.htm

Thread Information