LG Tribute 5 Smartphone-Is there LED notification of received mssgs, email

Thread: LG Tribute 5 Smartphone-Is there LED notification of received mssgs, email

LG Tribute 5 Smartphone-Is there LED notification of received mssgs, email

I have an LG Tribute 5 smart phone. I see a very small LED light on the face of my phone but it is never illuminated. I am assuming that it is an indicator that will alert me as to when I have a new email, text message etc. My Samsung G4 had this feature. Example: my phone is locked because it timed out. I leave the room for a while to a far area of my house. I come back and have to unlock the screen each and every time to see if I missed a call, email, text message etc.

I have been through all the settings in the phone including for hearing impaired disabilities. The only thing I can find is that the camera flash will flash when a message is received etc.

Am I missing something? I even went into settings and set an alert for each of the programs I wanted the alert for. On my Samsung there was an actual setting for this but can't seem to find one for my phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no notification LED on the front of that model.

I'm guessing you mean a Galaxy S4. That is a much better phone and also more expensive than the Tribute 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no notification LED on the front of that model.
    Ok, but then I wonder what the LED is for then on the front of it. I have never ever seen it light up.

EDIT: Oh, dumb me. I guess it is the flash or the view finder I am mistaking for the LED.
    Last edited by question2012; May 2nd, 2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Add something

Thread Information