Phone Not Connecting To PC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phone Not Connecting To PC

So I tried those four steps.

When I reconnected USB I got the same response as last time. As soon as I plug in the PC says "installing driver software." After a minute it says, "driver failed to install. Click here for detail." As always it offers me the trouble shooting option which doesn't work.

After I reinstalled your driver link I got this text report just like the three time before. Does it mean anything?

"This packet contains the drivers of ADB, Diag, Modem, NMEA, Rndis and ADB tools.
    ADB is Android Debug Bridge. If you want to usb ADB, MAKE SURE
    Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging is ENABLE on ZPhone.

Following is the driver Path, choose the apropriate drivers according to Windows version.

ZTEUSBHostDriver5.2066.1.6-signed
    ----32bit
    ----VISTA for Windows Vista 32bit
    ----WIN7 for Windows 7 32bit
    ----WNET for Windows XP and Windows 2K 32bit
    ----64bit
    ----VISTA for Windows Vista 64bit
    ----WIN7 for Windows 7 64bit
    ----WNET for Windows XP and Windows 2K 32bit
    ----tools
    ----ADBinstall.bat double click it to run ADB install program
    ----ADBunistall.bat double click it to run ADB uninstall program"

1. Uninstall the driver.
    2. Disconnect USB.
    3. Reinstall the driver. How do I reinstall the driver? Remember, when I go back into Windows and tell it to "update" the driver it'll always fail. Install from your link?
    4. Then reconnect via USB?
    You should have unplugged the USB first.

Does anything show up in Device Manager when you have the phone connected?

ADB is for running commands from command prompt to the phone. You don't need to enable it to transfer files.

You never said if you have 32 or 64 bit Win7.

Alright, based on the text report I went into Setting, Developer, Options, and Debug USB, which seeming the closest to what it mentions here.

Afterwards the PC immediately said "Installing driver", and "Driver installed successfully!" But the result was the same. It still won't open as a media device.

I have 64 bit Win7.

When the phone is connect device manager does show the phone and correctly identifies it. However I can't open the device up to transfer any files.

I can't recall if I tried this before but I plugged in ANOTHER smart phone to see what would happen. The driver installed automatically and it said ready to use as media device.

However we'll have to wait for the phone to charge up before it can be turned on.

Hmm. That is really weird. USB Debugging wouldn't help unless you are doing a push/pull from ADB command prompt.

If anything, the media storage or camera settings would be the ones to use.

You might want to check out a ZTE specific forum also.
    http://androidforums.com/forums/zte.2063/

Well the other smart phone had basically the same issues. So my PC just doesn't like smart phones! Cameras and other devices connect just fine.

I've already tried ZTE forums. After two days they had a radical suggestion. "Connect your USB cable."

So for now the only pain in the neck way I can transfer files is by physically removing the micro SD card from the phone and putting it into the PC.

I did try to save a step by connecting a USB flash drive directly to the phone via a male micro USB and female USB attachment. I tried more than one kind but nothing worked. It's a cheap phone so it might not have the hardware for it.

I did try to save a step by connecting a USB flash drive directly to the phone via a male micro USB and female USB attachment.
    The phone would need to support USB-OTG.

How are you removing the old drivers? If you're just going through Control Panel, I think you should try Geek uninstaller to really remove the files.
    http://www.geekuninstaller.com/

You didn't list your system or motherboard make/model, but you can try updating the chipset drivers and/or the USB 3.0 drivers. Many motherboards have a separate chip for USB 3.0 (Renesas, NEC).

Another thing to try is a USB hub, if you have one. Like I mentioned before, I've seen where some phones have problems connecting via USB 3.0 port.

None of my ports are USB 3.0. The PC is a Dell about 2009.

I'm a bit afraid of going overboard with uninstalling a driver since a every other device I've ever used on this PC, external hard drives, printers, cameras, web cams, microphones, mice, keyboards have worked perfectly fine.

Well, that's your call then. I gave you about all the suggestions I can, since I don't have the same phone.

To recap, you installed the driver (from both the "CDROM" option and download), and switched back to media/camera mode. But you still can't get the phone storage to show. And the phone doesn't have errors in Device Manager.

Sorry about my late response.

Yes, your recap is correct. It shows up in device manager but I cannot get inside of it to move files.

My conclusion is my PC just doesn't like smart phones since other devices like cameras, printers etcetera work just fine, and these smart phones work just fine in other PCs.

I suspect your suggestion of a USB hub may work. I've had this experience with other PCs as well. I know I had one a LONG time ago but never had need for it and now can't find it.

Thanks for your help. I think we tried almost everything possible.

Thread Information