Bluetooth Headseet

Thread: Bluetooth Headseet

Bluetooth Headseet

I'm not sure if this should be posted under gaming, entertainment or here. I chose here to begin.

I own a Logitech Wireless Headset H800 which came with a Bluetooth dongle. It went missing in the last week or so. It may have run off with those single socks I'm always missing. I just don't know.

Anyway, the Amazon page for this headset says: "This is a bluetooth device, and it comes with a USB dongle however technically that dongle is for 2.4 GHz RF only. For example, if your computer already has bluetooth you do not need to use the dongle." Am I correct in assuming this means I can buy ANY full RF range dongle replacement and it will work fine. Or am I mistaken. Also I"m running Windows 8.1 and will be upgrading to 10 in the next month or two (to beat the deadline). Will I have to worry if it will work in 8.1 AND 10?

Any suggestions for a replacement? I can order one from Amazon via Prime or I can hoof over to Best Buy (spitting distance from me - well, if I could spit 4 or 5 blocks).

Thanks in advance,

Terry

PS: Is there anyway to change my user name on this forum?
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Hello Terry,

I checked Logitech's website and it shows the wireless headset H800 that you own is listed for Windows 8/10 support.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/32426
    Eric

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    PS: Is there anyway to change my user name on this forum?
    You would need to contact our Administrator Steve Jones to get that changed.

It may have run off with those single socks I'm always missing. I just don't know.
    This made me laugh. Thanks. I needed a good laugh today.

Quote Originally Posted by ecross View Post
    Hello Terry,

I checked Logitech's website and it shows the wireless headset H800 that you own is listed for Windows 8/10 support.
    thanks, ercoss.

i may be wrong but i didin't think there were drivers in headsets/headphoes for different version of windows.

i think they're referring to the dongle that came with the headset - which i have lost or misplaced. i'm worried about any new dongle i may buy. no?
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

On the Logitech support page, scroll down to spare parts. There is a list of parts you can buy for your headset.

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/p...h800#sparepart
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ecross View Post
    On the Logitech support page, scroll down to spare parts. There is a list of parts you can buy for your headset.

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/p...h800#sparepart
    thanks, ecross.

i'm just wondering if only this will work with my headset ... or will any dongle? $15 plus shipping is a bit much when i see generic dongles on amazon with free shipping for much less.

Did you check the compatibility of the dongles on Amazon? That would be the first thing I would check if buying another dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    Did you check the compatibility of the dongles on Amazon? That would be the first thing I would check if buying another dongle.
    amazon was the first place i went. from the review sections i picked up that this dongle only operated at the 2.4GHz range and that some of them were incompatible with windows 10. but there was enough confusion that i thought i'd post here.

however, i have GOOD NEWS:

last night, in the middle of the night, the rain soaked dongle appeared at my door. he looked underfed and a bit beat-up. he said, indeed, he had taken off with one of my missing, orphan sweat socks. looking for adventure, he said. he told me the orphan socks had gotten together and were trying to put on amateur, pedantic productions of annie. he said it was exciting at first but eventually he realized he just didn't fit in with the socks. also, there was a growing threat from a neighboring gang of argyles who were encroaching on their territory. he didn't say but i think his beat-up look implied the encroaching had become violent. that's when he decided to come back home.

the prodigal dongle returns!

so, i'll be putting this whole thing on the back burner. i may buy one of the cheaper dongles from amazon, see if it works and use it as a backup.

thanks to ecross & lady. you've both been very helpful.

"tomorrow, tomorrow ..."

Great news! And I enjoyed your story very much, thanks for sharing his adventure!

i was going to suggest to the dongle that he go back and convince them to do "west side story" instead. you know, so to incorporate the argyles. but i thought that might be too dangerous and then i'd NEVER get him back home.

With "west side story" . you would need to color it permanently gone.
    Love the story!

Thread Information