Deleting the current administrator - Win 8.1

Thread: Deleting the current administrator - Win 8.1

Deleting the current administrator - Win 8.1

I purchased a used computer that had 3 users listed with one being the administrator. I have the password for the current admin. I removed the two users and want to change the admin to myself or for that matter, I don't necessarily need an admin (unless 8.1 requires one) as I will be the only one using the computer.

So do I even have to have an admin?

And if I have to have an admin, how do I change the administrator to myself and delete the old/current admin?

Thanks In Advance!!
    Andy

It is quite easy to change the administrator user on Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10!
    http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-8&faq=85
    My seaarch
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+administrator

I would have done a factory system recovery when I first go the system. I don't know why they seller didn't do that in the first place. Plus, you'd want to make sure your recovery discs work.

Midknyte, the seller knows much less about a computer than I do which is not saying much. The computer is a three years old with no documents, no pics, no music... and no scratches. Just simply wanted to remove them from the admin before I forget the password.
    Andy

Thanks Train, so I am guessing once I set up my account as admin, I can go in and delete the original admin. That is basically what that first link is alluding to, just shows how to set up the new one.

Thanks much guys !!
    Andy

Thread Information