ENCLOSURE SATA 3.5

Thread: ENCLOSURE SATA 3.5

ENCLOSURE SATA 3.5

I bought an ENCLOSURE SATA 3.5 I had an enclosure PCI 3.5 and put inside an extra Hard drive. When I
    turned it on it displayed a drive letter to open it and view the files. Now I have a Sata enclosure. I put
    in a sata hard drive. When I connected it through USB windows installed it but no drive letter is displayed
    so I cannot view the files. Why does it work with PCI but not SATA. Is there a fix for this?

Jerry

What do you mean PCI? PCI is for add-on cards like sound cards or network cards. Maybe you mean EIDE, aka PATA?

Did you look in Disk Management? You might need to assign the drive to a different letter.

Was this drive already partitioned and formatted or not?

To change, add, or remove a drive letter

Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Disk Management.

Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.

In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.

Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.

Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.

In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.

To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.

Review your choices, and then click Finish.

Thread Information