Acronis TI 2016 question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acronis TI 2016 question

Acronis TI 2016 question

Does anyone know if you can still use an Acronis 2016 bootable CD to make backups as well as perform restore operations?

Yes. You can also create a bootable flash drive.

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support...tml#26968.html

I am a big fan of Acronis and have always used it from bootable CD. It is good to know that 2016 version still supports this since I have been using version 10, I think.

With that being said, will there be any conflict if I buy version 2016 and use(restore) it against version 10? I would assume that it is backward compatible.

Thanks
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

I haven't tried that specific scenario. It's not officially listed. Do you mean 2010 or 10? TI10 is super old. It doesn't even support Win7.

https://kb.acronis.com/content/1689
    Acronis True Image 2016, Acronis True Image Cloud (Release 2016)
    on Windows

backups of Windows computers created with:
    Acronis True Image 2016, Acronis True Image Cloud (Release 2016)
    Acronis True Image 2015
    Acronis True Image 2014
    True Image 2013 by Acronis

Acronis True Image 2015:
    Acronis True Image 2015 (except for Acronis True Image 2015 for Mac
    and Acronis True Image for Mac)
    Acronis True Image 2014
    True Image 2013 by Acronis
    Acronis True Image Home 2012*
    Acronis True Image Home 2011*
    Acronis True Image Home 2010*
    Acronis True Image Home 2009*
    Acronis True Image Home 11*

Hi MidKnyte,

Sorry, I meant version Acronis True Image Home 2011. That version works (from bootable CD) with creating image for Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Make sure to say 2011 vs 11 in the future. It makes a big difference.

Only TI2015 build 6613 and TI2016 officially support Win10.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Make sure to say 2011 vs 11 in the future. It makes a big difference.
    Agree!

I tried the 2016 version. For some reason, it was not able to pickup one of my SSDs from the CD Bootable, unlike 2011 version.

Hmm. That's strange. You made sure to choose the regular rescue boot disc, NOT the WinPE addon, right? What SATA mode are you using?

Yes, regular rescue boot disc. I am using ahci sata. I tried creating the rescue and burning the disc three different times. I also tried between 32 and 64 bit versions.

The point is that version 2011 had no issues for years.

Hmm. You could try changing from AHCI to IDE mode and see if that helps.

It's possible that TI2016 doesn't have the proper Linux drivers for your motherboard chipset.
    https://kb.acronis.com/content/15791

I think I am going to stay with version 2011 if I have to change from ahci to ide. AHCI hotswap feature plays a big role in my daily usage.

Honestly, I don't want to change any settings since Acronis TrueImage Home 2011 has been working well. What a bummer. This TI2016 looks promising and you would think that it would have all features and supports that version 2011 has and more...

NOTICE: TI2016 was able to see the drive if I was to add it as a new drive or perform a backup of that drive. However, it just won't let me see that drive when I am trying to restore which the images (made from version 2011) are siting on that drive. I hope that make sense.
    Last edited by Falcon Speed; February 15th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

You wouldn't have to change it to IDE permanently; only for the backup. That's the same issue I run into when running Seagate Seatools.

NOTICE: TI2016 was able to see the drive if I was to add it as a new drive or perform a backup of that drive.
    Ah. That's what you've had to do for several versions now, at least since TI2014. Once Acronis TI opens, click Tools & Utilities - Add New Disk

However, it just won't let me see that drive when I am trying to restore which the images (made from version 2011) are siting on that drive. I hope that make sense.
    Do you mean you are trying to restore images that are on the same drive that you are restoring to? I'm guess you mean you have multiple partitions? You can't image over the tib source partitions.

Hi midknyte,

Sorry for the confusion. I have two sata drives. For the sake of the purpose, we call them drive A and drive B. The images are sitting on drive B and when I restore them, they restore to drive A.

Drive B is not a new disk. It has the images on it and my other files. When I restore, I am only restoring the operating which sits on drive A. Drive A has only the operating system.

My disappointment with the latest version is that, I did not have to tweak anything with version 2011. Just very straight forward and ran very smoothly from dos.

Thread Information