Videos Not Appearing In Forums Blogs

Thread: Videos Not Appearing In Forums Blogs

Videos Not Appearing In Forums Blogs

Recently videos imbedded within a forum or blog have simply not been appearing in Internet Explorer 10.

If a poster simply places a link to a video it's fine but if it's the type where there's a play button to play the video link within the blog it will simply not appear.

The same is true for photos from certain websites like Flicker.

I know the problem is IE 10 based because they appear just fine in Firefox.

How can I fix this? I'm using Windows 7 Professional and IE 10.

Is there a reason you need to stay on IE10? If not, you should upgrade to IE11 and see if you have the same problem.

MS dropped support for IE versions prior to IE11 last month, so IE10 no longer gets security updates.
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...anuary-12-2016

Alright, I realized why I was no longer getting requests to upgrade to IE11, because it auto installed. But the problem still remains.

I attempted to download IE11 again but I got an error message that the install could no complete due to my current version of IE11 being already updated since the morning of 2-15-16. I checked my Windows updates and sure enough they installed this morning 2-15-16.

Hence, I believe I'm properly updated. But the problem still remains. Could it be in the settings?

Are you using any kind of ad blocking software? Or any kind of active content blocking like scripting?

Also try reinstalling Adobe Flash.. that can get corrupted and cause problems with video playback.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

If the videos are Flash-based, you need to install Flash for IE. Firefox has a separate installer.

The only blocking software I have is Trend Micro, but that's never caused a problem before and I haven't made any recent changes. This is only a recent problem.

How can I update my Adobe Flash for IE? It's worth a try.

Could the problem be with IE Settings?

You didn't say what video format you are trying to play. That would help us narrow it down.

Test your Flash here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

You could try resetting IE.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Unfortunately the problem persists.

The flash player didn't change it.

I believe the problem is in the IE settings as when the flash player is outdated it usually prompts me for an update where the video should be.

The problem I'm seeing is just an "x" with no data information. The only similar problem is with some flash ads on sites. Only an "x" appears where the ad should be. But when I refresh the page this problem is fixed. Not the case with forums.

Can you try posting a video within this thread so I can see if it appears here?

How about you post a link to one of the sites with "bad" videos? We don't know if it's a Flash problem for sure.

Did you try resetting IE?

Let's see if it works here first. Then I'll know if the problem is just that one forum.

I did reset my IE setting about 3 months ago to correct an error with spell check not working and it was a MAJOR problem.

FYI, I only watch 'Ancient Aliens' for laughs.

Alright! It works just fine here. Now I know the problem is THAT FORUM!

Sorry I should have tested this first.

Thread Information