FLIR Thermo software

Thread: FLIR Thermo software

FLIR Thermo software

What ho one and all,

I have booked a few days use next week, of a FLIR Thermo Image camera from my local council. Want to check how leaky my house is!

The link from the council is to download the FLIR software, which I have been trying to install. I have no idea what this software actually does, since I would assume the the images from the camera are either jpg or tif, in which case, I will be able to open them with PhotoShop.

However, the software refuses to install, jamming at 'Please insert a disk with MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistribute' I have tried with my original XP but the same message. I have downloaded C++2005 for the MS site, and then I get a message that the current, newer version needs to be removed. I have been looking for the 'newer version' but cannot find it.

I have NET Framework 1,2,3,4 installed, but Visual C++? The FLIR blurb seems to imply that the images are Radiometric jpeg. From my Goolge search it seems the Radiometric jpeg allows the software to read all the temperature points on the image, but does anyone know if Radiometric jpeg can be opened with PhotoShop?

Alternatively, how do I install the software?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Did you check in "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs" in Control Panel for the C++ Redistributable package? It should show in the same place as the Dot Net Framework packages.

Good call on 'Add Remove.' However, the FLIR installation asks for MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistribute but it is there in Add/Remove. So it is installed; now what?
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

It might be time to contact the camera or software manufacturer.

Thread Information