Windows Live Mail Errors

Thread: Windows Live Mail Errors

Windows Live Mail Errors

After much use I suddenly started having problems with Windows Live Mail. I have three email addresses with a local provider and the problem is only with one account. I have verified that the settings are identical in all three accounts. I have deleted Windows Essentials 2012 and reinstalled it. I have deleted each account and then set them up from scratch and the problem persists. I have also "Repaired All Windows Essential Programs" (twice) with no results and I have "flushed" the DNS in the command prompt.

Eventually, each email will show up in my inbox but there is no body in the message, instead I get:

Message could not be displayed
    Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

After a minute I get this message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Ftc-i (socio) account. Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Could not update cached message flags with IMAP server.

Server Response: The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was terminated.
    Server: 'mail.ftc-i.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 143
    Secure(SSL): No"

After another minute or so goes by, I get:

"Could not update cached message flags with IMAP server" (I called my provider and then could not find a problem.)

Later the body of the message will show up. Just for reference, in the mornings I normally get 10-15 new emails. Suddenly, I am getting them one at a time spaced. I have to log out and back in for the next message which starts the process above over again.

Any suggestions?

What antivirus and/or antispam software are you using?

Possibly useful link:

http://community.norton.com/en/forum...f-windows-mail

soccio97--
    I wonder if this could have anything to do with your WLM problem.
    http://www.windowscentral.com/update...osoft-accounts
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Avast

Welshjim, I tried to download the update but the page doesn't seem to exist.

JDC2000, I'm using Avast and have been using it since well before this issue started.

Based on the info in the links provided, I decided to use the regular "Mail" app and delete the Windows Live Mail accounts. Everything is working fine now. Thanks guys.

soccio97--
    FWIW--
    http://www.windowscentral.com/update...osoft-accounts
    works for me. Did you just click on the link or did you copy it and use it in the Address line. The latter will not work, since the link as printed is truncated.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information