Document library no longer working

Thread: Document library no longer working

Document library no longer working

Hi everyone. I am hoping to resolve a problem that is really more of an annoyance than a critical issue.
    I have windows 8. My document library suddenly stopped working a few months ago, and its been driving me nuts. I can get to my documents still, by going in thru C:Users, picking my name and going into My Document folder, but its annoying that I cannot just select the document library. When I do so, I get the message "Documents.library-ms is no longer working"
    Is there something I can do, a reg edit or something, that can fix this? Its driving me crazy...
    Thanks in advance.

documents library ms is no longer working windows 8
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...945015b?auth=1

Sweet - thanks. I Had no idea it was such a common issue.
    One concern - By deleting it, my document folders & the docs in the folders, themselves will not get deleted, right/

I would think not, but I would backup, ie copy paste to another hdd just in case.

Libraries do not contain actual data. They are merely a collection of shortcuts to the actual folders.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...8WS.10%29.aspx
    A Library doesn’t contain files. Rather, a Library provides a single aggregated view of multiple folders and their contents.

What happens to my files when I delete a Library?
    When you delete a Library, you only remove the Library from the Navigations pane of Windows Explorer. Deleting a Library doesn’t actually delete the folders that it aggregates.

Thread Information