Outlook 2016

Thread: Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016

Hi I bought a laptop with Windows 10 and had Office 2016 Home & Student pre installed. After I got it home I realized it didn't come with Outlook 2016. So I had a Outlook 2010 standalone which I installed. It works but a lot of the features don't work, Auto correct for one. I've been told because you need the same version of Outlook as Word for this to work. My question is, If I buy Outlook 2016 standalone and install it will I get those features back and will it automatically upgrade my version of 2010 and keep all my emails and settings in place?

Thank You
    Dave

Microsoft Office Home and Business has Outlook 2016. If you upgrade from Outlook 2010, you should get back the missing features without losing any settings or data. HOWEVER, it is always best to make sure you have a backup before doing this. A backup copy (or two) of your .pst and/or .ost file(s) on a removable/portable drive or drives that are not connected to the system when upgrading would be a good idea.

Good luck with the upgrade. You should try to download the Off Line Installer package. Registering Outlook 2016 could also be a hassle if you have already used your primary e-mail address for the Office 2016 Home and Student installation. You may end up calling Microsoft for assistance.

Great thank you for your help. So what I've read when I run the installation of Outlook 2016 standalone it will remove Outlook 2010 and install itself in it's place. I will definitely make a back up of the .pst file before starting.
    Thanks again
    Next time I'll be a little more attentive in what they are offering me for Office.

Thread Information