MP4 file for dvd

Thread: MP4 file for dvd

Question MP4 file for dvd

If you convert a mov file to mp4, for burning to a dvd for putting on a flash drive, to play on another device, does it matter if you have it set to open with a certain player or is it just picked as mp4 when you burn or copy it? for example if it is set to open with media player classic, is that a problem? or should it be another format depending on the player?

I know i have a couple older dvd stand alone burners that won't recognize certain formats

I am trying winx converter and after looking at more of the categories,, music, videos, dvds, etc,, maybe using the dvd option would be best? Been awhile since i did this and not sure what format i used
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; November 22nd, 2015 at 01:30 AM.

On computers running Windows, which program will be used to open a .mp4 file depends on which program the user has set up to play .mp4 files.

On a standalone device, whatever program is built-in to the device is the only program that can be used to play a .mp4 file.

I have a bunch of these to give to different users, so i guess i'll have to convert them in different formats
    tks

If any of the computer users you send the MP4s to are having a problem viewing them, simply direct them to: https://www.videolan.org/. VLC has versions available for Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Android and iOS.

The dvd is the biggest concern for a player, other than an os.

Now videos i had on one drive are not view able now , had some there to share., only the jpegs are view able

I don't know is using win x converter had anything to do with it, shouldn't as i only changed a few

I just uninstalled winx converter
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; November 22nd, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Know what you mean about DVDs. They're rapidly going the way of the floppy.

Thread Information