[RESOLVED] New laptop 8.1 how to - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] New laptop 8.1 how to

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Thanks for link. See I didn't know before ordering this laptop which model I would get. It was only stated it would be a Dell with 8.1, a 500gb HDD, and 4gb ram. They couldn't even tell me a model number.

I figure once I get the desktop back up running, I'll just return, telling them it doesn't live up to my expectations.

10.18.10.3412 is the current driver. The other just didn't install like it said it would. I wonder if i can use device manager and point it to that file?

Uh, Train, I checked bios and it won't allow me to upgrade to anything more on the video.

I don't know what changed but the driver is now installing. Yesterday I was getting a message there was no program to open that driver file. Today I clicked on it and it asked if I wanted to install it.

A shutdown, bootup cleared the problem that was in the ram. My BET!

Probably the case Train. I do shut this down at night, not like my desktop, guess I should do that with it too after having these psu problems the last year.

And I'm thinking maybe to exchange this one for a Toshiba. I'm not sure what their policy is on returning items, so may be they'll more likely like the fact that I'm not just returning it. Will go online and check their policy before going to see them.

Found this on their website:
    After delivery, you may:

1-10 Days from Delivery Date: Return an item for any reason within 10 days of delivery and receive full credit, a refund or exchange. Item(s) must be in "like new" condition.
    11-30 Days from Delivery Date: Return an item for any reason other than "defective" and receive full credit for merchandise reselection or refund, less a 20% restocking fee. Item(s) must be in "like new" condition. If item is "defective," customer is eligible for full credit for merchandise reselection or full refund in accordance with Manufacturers' written warranties.
    I got it Thursday, so should be able to return or exchange without problems.

New video card to be installed in desktop tomorrow. Got that in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Well like I said, it probably has more to do with the pixel density of the screen.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-In....129452.0.html
    I agree that the resolution is a big factor on a 15,6" screen, however, the biggest problem is that this laptop's screen is a tn panel instead of being ips. This is a problem with all 15,6" low end laptops, switching to a Toshiba won't solve that problem, if that Toshiba is also equipped with that same type of screen technology.

Well, I've decided to just return the laptop. It has more problems than just the screen resolution. I know about laptop screens. I only bought this to use mostly until I can get my desktop up and running and to try it.

It keeps losing time, tonight it was a day off. Plus the 10/100 NIC isn't fast enough. And it keeps resetting DST. Now that could be the 8.1 but......still it's annoying.

Thread Information