IE on Win8 doesn't go to many sites

Thread: IE on Win8 doesn't go to many sites

IE on Win8 doesn't go to many sites

IE11 on my Windows 8.1 Pro install has a problem. It redirects me to esurf.biz website when trying to get to the Google. I used another PC to check the issue and knew that the esurf.biz could be caused by malware. The link I submitted recommends me to reset IE add-ons, hosts file, DNS data and run scan with Spyhunter that I don't know. Actually I'm a bit worried because I'm a computer novice. Do you have a better and reliable solution? Thanks!

Recommend visiting our "Intensive Care Unit" forum and follow the "malware removal instructions". This will guide you through a few preparations, as well as instruction for posting your logs in that forum.

If you are still having the same issue after being given a clean bill of health from one of our malware experts, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you/them solve the problem.

litcoco--
    Do you have an antivirus application installed? Windows Defender is a good and free choice. It should come with Windows8, but maybe it is not activated. Here's how
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20202...windows-8.html

Of course you may choose some other antivirus application. You will get advice when you go through the "malware removal instructions" suggested by SpoywareDr. But you need to have an antivirus application active on your PC.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Thread Information