Thread: [RESOLVED] CDRom Drive Has Code 19

Resolved [RESOLVED] CDRom Drive Has Code 19

Windows 7 home premium
    service pack 1
    AMD Athalon duel core QL-64 2.10 GHz
    RAM 3.00 GB
    32 bit operating system

In the device manager for the DVD CD drive in "properties" the message says
    "Windows cannot start the hardware device because it's configuration information (in the registry) is corrupt or damaged {code 19}"

I tried "update driver" and "uninstall". Neither worked.

In the registry there are two lines
    "CDRomhp_CDDVDW_TS-L633N"
    "CDRom TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS_L633M". This is the one installed.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I tried the "Fixit" and it didn't solve it. I tried the manually fix corrupted registry. I got to step 3 and found the line "4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318". Step 4 say click "upper filters" in the right pane. There is no "upper filters" in the right pane. Go to step 7. It says click on "lower filters". It is not listed. Then it says if I do not see "lower filters" go to the next solution. Step 8 says "On edit menu click delete. My question is that the next resolution is what? When I select "edit" what am I suppose to be deleting. Or am I suppose to be going to the next solution?

You should have been deleting both the upper and lower filters. It sounds like the fixit already did that. Did you reboot after running it?

After that, you should have done "Resolution 4: Update or reinstall the driver"

The fixit came with the message could not fix the problem. So that's when I tried the other solutions not finding the upper and lower filters. So I restarted the computer and still had the yellow exclamation point. So here about a couple of hours later I started the computer and went to device manager. Wala, no yellow exclamation point! It works! I didn't even have to update or reinstall the driver. Why it didn't work when I restarted the computer who knows. Thank you very much!

Hmm. Bizarre, but glad it's back to normal. Deleting the filters and a reboot usually works.

Thread Information