Router reset

Thread: Router reset

Router reset

Figure I'd better get more familiar with networking. Have several notebook/desktop computers running Win 10 Pro. Just noticed recently, that when I have more than two computers running, I get a not connected error when the third machine is turned on. Find, if I reset the router, the third computer can be used to access the internet. Strange though: When I first turn on the third computer (and while the other two are on, but not being used, I can hold the connection the third machine for a period of time, and then suddenly, without warning, I get the not connected error or can't connect to the internet because there is not connection. Never worked with a third computer running, and trying to access internet, so this development is new to me. Do I have to somehow tell the wireless router that I'm running more than two computers, and make any necessary adjustments in order to avoid having to reset the router? Much thanks. Jim S.
    Jim S.

What is the make and model of your wireless router?
    Eric

Like ecross said, give us the make/model of the router.

Also state the type of encryption you are running (none, WEP, WPA, WPA2)

Actiontec by Verizon. Using WEP. I notice the problem, basically, while listening to music on You Tube. As you know, you can get connects, and reconnects sometimes, and maybe that's what's causing the problem.
    Jim S.

Actiontec has quite a few different models. A model number would really help us.

Note that WEP has been hacked. You should really be using WPA2 if your router supports it.

Sorry to be late in re-posting. Finally figured out that if I reboot the iPad, I can then get it to connect. Problem seems to occur only when I try to open too many programs, at the same time, so I suspect it might be a matter of having to make too many network requests, all at the same time. Maybe? At any rate, a hard reboot seemed to get things back in order. Thanks for the assist. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Thread Information