I want to optimize my modem

Thread: I want to optimize my modem

Question I want to optimize my modem

What should my settings be for this modem/router:

modem.jpg

I have some sluggish internet issue and problem with video loading and web pages, if I adjust the Multicast Rate and the NPHY rate it improves but I don't know what they should be adjusted to? I have a 50mb download with a 5mb upload and it's a Motorola SURFBoard SBG6782-AC .

I highly doubt changing those settings would help. I would leave both at auto.

Multicast rate sets the minimum acceptable connection rate. If the connection isn't strong enough, you won't be able to connect. The higher you set it, the shorter your range will be.

NPHY sets the max link rate. If you wanted to limit clients to a lower rate, you would change this setting.

You didn't say anything about your clients. Are they 802.11ac compatible? Are you using 2.4 or 5GHz? If available, you should try both 2.4 and 5Ghz connections. You might find that 2.4GHz outperforms 5 if the clients are far away from the router.

Well I started having problems again but setting Multicast to 12 Mbps and NPHY to 108 Mbps it has everything running pretty smooth.

Thread Information