Cannot Reformat HD With Windows 8 ?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot Reformat HD With Windows 8 ??

I might have resolved the problem. There was an option to delete the partition which I did & then it allowed me to create a new partition & from there the install took off.. VIOLA!! Now we'll see how it all ends ............
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Finally things are looking up. Now I have to find compatible drivers. Gateway does not support win7 on this model, so will have to experiment. If anyone knows of a simple way, please let me know. Thanks all, for your time. Have a great day !

I got a message stating: Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.
    You should use MBR, not GPT for Win7. If you are going to install Windows on the drive anyway, you should just delete the partition (leave the drive blank) and let Windows create its own partitions.

You can convert GPT to MBR with Minitool. I would still delete the partition you created, because you need free space for the System and Boot partitions.
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/...-MBR-disk.html

Hmm. I guess you figured it out. Not sure why I didn't see your last few posts until now.

Look at the Gateway Win8 drivers to at least get a clue about the drivers you need. You could even try the drivers on Win7 first. You didn't say if you installed 32 or 64 bit Win7. The Gateway drivers are 64-bit.
    http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/conte...vers-downloads

[QUOTE=Midknyte;1500799 and let Windows create its own partitions.[/QUOTE] I DiD let windows create the partitions. Seems to be ok, with the exception of the drivers.........

Like I said, I didn't see your other posts until AFTER I posted. I've converted several systems from Win8 to Win7, and GPT is one of the hangups.

Confirm if you are using 32 or 64 bit Windows. If you have 64-bit, you can try the Gateway drivers since they may be backwards compatible with Win7. Let us know which devices you need drivers for.

All resolved.. All drivers installed & working. Everything seems to be A-ok . I think it's time to close this thread. Thanks Midknyte and any others that may have put their thoughts.....

Thread Information