Trying to install/uninstall AnyMeeting
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to install/uninstall AnyMeeting

Trying to install/uninstall AnyMeeting

I have been using AnyMeeting for over 4 years now and since about 18 months they developed an app that has to be installed on my computer, so i can use their platform as a presenter of online meetings.

Last year, they released a new app version but i was never able to install it. Their tech support tried to get me to do all kinds of tests, but no go. They even used TeamViewer to try to solve the problem, but they could not.

A few months after, another version was released and that one installed properly and i was happy.

This month, they released yet another version, and again, i can't install it. I keep getting a message that "There is a problem with this Window installer program". I tried many things, unsuccessfully:

- i tried uninstalling through Add/Remove program: i get a message that there is a problem with this Windows installer program.
    - the tech support asked me to delete the folders where the app was previously installed (in AppData and LocalAppData)
    - i tried reinstalling the new version: no go
    - i tried uninstalling it through RevoUninstaller (which was suggested here, last year), and i also get the same error message

So, my question here is: where can i get a "fresh copy" of the "windows installer program"?
    I experience the exact same issue on my laptop where i also wanted to install/uninstall AnyMeeting, so it is not something like a conflict with something else on my computer since it is repeated on the other too.

I am in touch with their tech support, but i am not sure how helpful they are. They replied to me:
    "The error in question is typically caused by not having the correct access to modify the <User>\Appdata\Roaming folder. That is the Windows default install location and AnyMeeting installs to that folder." but i don't know if there is a way to change that access or permission or whatever.

Could you either make sense of this or help me get around this issue (short of dumping this platform)?

Thanks
    Carole

Not sure if i am looking in the wrong place but this seems to be the installer for Windows Server 2003 and Windows xp, while i am using Windows 7.

Doing some more digging, i found a suggestion to scan for corrupt files. I did, and got a response that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." (This means that I do not have any missing or corrupted system files).

I almost wish i had some issues, but now the issue is that no issue is found while i still experience issues!
    Last edited by Cassel; September 20th, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Windows Installer 5.0
    was released with win 7 and 8
    The Windows Installer 5.0 is part of the Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7. There is no redistributable for Windows Installer 5.0.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

Did you run chkdsk /f /r ?

So there is no way to get the Windows Installer for my version?

No, didn't run chkdsk /f /r. How do i do that?

I assume you are running 7, 8 should be the same.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

I do prefer the cmd line though.

So type in cmd to get the command prompt and then chkdsk /f /r in it?
    Is that going to be a looooooong process? I am mostly wondering if i can run that while i keep working at the computer or if i should wait to set it overnight?

It does take a while, but you will not be able to use the computer while it is running.

Read closely

You click Y and then enter , now reboot and you will see the chkdsk run when it starts to boot up.

Ok i guess i'll do that overnight and update you tomorrow.
    Am i looking for anything in particular or just reboot and retry to uninstall/install the program?

Reboot and try to uninstall.

Completed scan overnight (so i didn't see the result), it rebooted itself.
    I tried the uninstall, and i still get the exact same thing. No go.

Can you roll back to before you got into that mess?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...s-and-settings

How to take ownership of a file or folder:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc753659.aspx

http://www.7tutorials.com/take-owner...es-and-folders

If that does not work, you may have to use regedit to remove all references to the software from the registry.

Can you roll back to before you got into that mess?
    I did when i noticed that my font was the wrong size. I rolled back from before i tried installing/uninstalling the program and it didn't help.

I'll look into that. But what file should i take ownership of? I can't UNINSTALL the program and i get a message that it is a window uninstaller that is problematic.

If that does not work, you may have to use regedit to remove all references to the software from the registry
    When i tried using RevoUninstaller, i saw it go in the registry, i thought it fixed that issue by removing any "leftover".
    Last edited by Cassel; September 21st, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Thread Information