Desperate, windows updates

Thread: Desperate, windows updates

Angry Desperate, windows updates

I have a desk top, windows Vista.

About 3 weeks ago I suppose I got automated updates as usual. PROBLEM is: It wiped out all the passwords to all my email sites as well as my facebook site. The method to get back into FACEBOOK is NOT working. It is not sending me a link to reset it at the addy use now tough it says it will.

I cannot get back ino my facebook account AT ALL.

What in the world can I do? Would system restore bring my password back. I HAVE NEVER BEEN so angry at Microsoft. The only way they will help me is if I fill out this long sheet online telling them the titles of 4 recent emails and also 4 different files I set up as well as the last 4 people I emailed.

That would be fine and well but I do not use the account anymore and how am I to recall that info when it has been months or more then a year.

I cannot find a way to call Facebook.

I have a lot of photos of my great grand children there and much more. I have lost contact with all my friends.

WHAT can I do?

Thank You !!

Pt
    Last edited by Msbsgblue; August 25th, 2015 at 04:24 AM.

First tell us how you had the passwords stored. It's unusual that any kind of MS update would wipe passwords.

Were they being stored by your browser? Which browser do you use? Do you have any kind of password saving program?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Stored by browser I suppose, I was using Internet Explorer. No to password saving program, don't know about those.

It wouldn't hurt to try and do a system restore and see if your browser suddenly starts remembering the passwords again. There have been some IEX security updates recently but like I said above those normally would not affect cookie/password retention.

Have a look at this page...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/recover...nt-longer-log/

and see if it's of any help.. there's info on what to do if you've lost use of the contact info related to the acc't.

I agree, try using System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when everything was working.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

Also worth mentioning is that if it's a typical facebook account then everyone you've friended will still have access to the pictures and be able to leave messages etc. So if you have a friend or relative you can call or email that has access to your Facebook then they can leave a message there to let others know that you're locked out of the account and they can also save the existing pics there to their own computer to give to you later on (right click>save).

Or if it's a close relative then they could give you access to their own Facebook account so you could do the pic downloading/saving yourself.

Thread Information