Lost sound after relocating computer

Thread: Lost sound after relocating computer

Lost sound after relocating computer

Windows 7
    HP pavilion
    intel i7

I moved my computer, set it up again. And now the sound is gone. I know a little about PC's and can't figure this out. If I play an MP3 file the speaker icon shows the level bar bee-bopping to the music I can't hear. No red circle on the speaker icon. Volume sliders topped up. I plugged my jack into the light green socket and it makes that feed back sound if you unplug it. Also Realtek HD audio manager detects my speakers getting unplugged. Tried all the speaker jacks the black and blue one.

Device manager, under sound video and device controllers:

Nvidia High Definition Audio
    Realtek Hi definition Audio

My Hp hardware diagnostic tools lists 4 NVidia HD sound cards and 1 Realltek HD audio card

I actually uninstalled all of the above and they reinstall themselves on next start up, I also deleted 3 of 4 Nvidia audio drivers but they auto load each restart. I attached another set of speakers, not resolved, speakers are OK. I have a keyboard with speaker control. When I re attached my computer I might have plugged my usb stuff like keyboard and mouse into different ports. Don't think that matters.

Actually, the USB connections used may have affected the setup. When I move computers, I always make a list of exactly where each cable, USB or otherwise, goes, in order to make re-attaching everything easier.

Can you hear any of the System sounds from the Control Panel when you click the Test button? If not, you may need to check the Sound settings to make sure that the setup is correct.

The exact model number for that Pavilion would be helpful in diagnosing your issue.

Thread Information