Importing Favorites

Thread: Importing Favorites

Cool Importing Favorites

I think I may be stopping in here for a good bit LOL
    Another issue I found is I cannot import my Favorites from Firefox into Edge. When you look in Edge's Favorites area there is a link that says "import favorites" but it only gives you a choice of Chrome or IE.
    Any ideas?
    Because opening a favorite in Firefox then copying and pasting the URL into Edge then making it a favorite is very time consuming.
    Thanks again for all your help!!
    Dave
    *** Help others less fortunate.

JESUS IS LORD !

Unfortunately, you can't import bookmarks from an html file into Edge directly.

You could export your bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome or IE first, and then import them into Edge.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/softw...microsoft-edge

Thanks again Midknyte,
    Exporting to Chrome didn't work, all I got in Chrome was a folder titled Imported from Firefox with the favorites in there and Edge would not see it.
    However following the directions on the webpage you showed gave the way to use IE. That worked wonderfully.
    No problems at all!!!
    Thanks again
    Dave

JESUS IS LORD !

Is there a problem with using Firefox in Windows 10, or is there an issue importing "bookmarks.html? I use and have used IE and FF in the past - haven't been totally convinced on upgrading to Windows 10 yet.

Is there a problem with using Firefox in Windows 10, or is there an issue importing "bookmarks.html?
    The problem is that the Edge browser lacks importing bookmarks from html. Maybe they will add that later. Firefox runs fine on Win10.

FF runs just spiffy in win 10.

My $0.02 worth.
    According to the webpage listed above, IE is still there in Windows 10, you just have to do a search for it.
    FF is working fine for me also. Just wanted to play with Edge. Another note about it is that on another forum I go to, it will not let you manipulate your text e.g. BOLD and underline or let you add any emoticons using the interface in the Reply dialogue box . I did find that manually entering the bracket codes (I forget what they are called) or typing the punctuation for an emoticon, those appear. Must be something with the forums program.
    Dave

JESUS IS LORD !

Thanks for the additional info, guys.

Yes, there is a messed up update for some forums. There is a update that needs to be installed. And probably 2 more after that one.

Use IE 11 and Start Menu 8 and all of the problems the people posted above will be gone. One of the things that I hated about MS Edge was the absence of "Create a shortcut on the desktop" when you right click on a web page. They left that out of the sub-menu. IE 11 took care of that problem too.

Edge, like the rest of Windows 10, is still a work in progress (read "beta" software). Importing Favorites is still an issue that has not yet been foxed. Edge also sends everything you do with it back to Microsoft.

Thread Information