[RESOLVED] "The ordinal 278 Could Not Be Located In ..."

Thread: [RESOLVED] "The ordinal 278 Could Not Be Located In ..."

Resolved [RESOLVED] "The ordinal 278 Could Not Be Located In ..."

I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro 32-bit along with the 3 service packs on a refurbished computer. I then attempted to install Nokia Suite version 3.8.54 and then 3.6. I installed the latest version successfully this past weekend on two separate computers, not to mention numerous other times. However, on this occasion when trying to launch the setup program I keep getting an error message and hoping someone here can offer a working solution. The message reads as follows: "The ordinal 278 could not be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll". The same setup program has been used recently.

In addition to the service packs, do you have all other Microsoft updates installed (except the nag update that XP is no longer supported)?

That computer has no Internet connection as such so I am unable to do any updates until I can get the Nokia Suite installed. I just happened to have the service packs on CD so those are installed. Are there any updates in particular that are the cause of this issue?

The problem has been resolved by doing the following:

Used an updated version of the msi.dll file. However, after doing so I go two different messages when trying to install the Nokia Suite. Firstly, the latest version was not recognized as such and somewhere out there is a newer version, which I could not find. When I tried to install lower versions the message received was "Windows authentication certificate is missing and needs to be installed." I found both a primary and secondary Windows authentication certificates after not being able to find one on the Symantec website. I installed the primary utilizing the certmgr.msc. Thereafter, all went smoothly.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it resolved.

Thread Information