OT: A cell phone question

Thread: OT: A cell phone question

OT: A cell phone question

Okay, I'm still learning about cellphones/smart phones. I've always been a computer-phile. I just recently got a smartphone with Android 4.4 on it. And I got it specifically so that I could do things like map, send messages, go to the internet, etc.
    the phone is an LG L34C. The service is Tracfone -- I've been with them for years and love it. I love their customer service and all my phones until this one worked fine.
    So when I go outside, I'm at a festival, or at the transit stop, I try to use the phone and there's always a time out. Cannot connect to the server.

I just talked to Tracfone CS and they couldn't give me an answer except to say that the network is serviced by Verizon for this particular phone. And I know that Verizon services Chicago.

Would someone explain to me why phones cannot connect to the server?

To far away and Verizon does use weak antennas in a lot of places.

Run into the tower antenna problems right here.

That was my thinking too. However, I called again got another CSR and she said I didn't have data. I have another phone, the LG840 (non-android) and never had a problem texting and sending pictures and messages ever ever ever outside, but this one it seems if the data runs out you have to buy it separate, even if you have enough talk+text.
    So I had to buy data for this phone. Will test the phone outside today to see if it works. Oh boy!
    Last edited by Sal_gal; June 7th, 2015 at 06:20 AM.

Plain cell phones with Verizon for us. 700 minutes, 1000 text, with taxes $54.10
    Cheaper than Ma Bell.

Thread Information