Monitoring Internet Usage for each Program

Thread: Monitoring Internet Usage for each Program

Monitoring Internet Usage for each Program

I have been using NetWorx, recommended by a few in this forum (Midknyte). It does a great job to monitor on a bandwidth and usage level. However, is there another application that can breakdown even further such as how much upload/download per program and the ability to prevent the program from using the internet? I have been using the Resource Monitor that comes with Windows 7 but I can't really see the breakdown accurately.
    Last edited by Falcon Speed; May 21st, 2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

I have not but will be tonight. Thanks for the insight. I am checking if it is for free.

WireShark is not as simple and straightforward as NetWorx. Lots of features. Will take some time for me to delve into it but thanks Spyware Dr.

I use Netbalancer free/unregistered version on my media server. It also does what you are looking for.

https://netbalancer.com/

Attachment 13193

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks Fink.

I am going to use it and let you know if I have questions.

NetBalancer is a pretty slick program and exactly what I have been looking for. This means I will no longer need to use NetWorx since NetBalancer provides the same functionalities and more. Thank you for bring it to light for me.

NetBalancer did crash one me once. Is there any other tips you might want to share Fink or Spyware?

I have a slightly older version than the latest and have had no problems with it. I did have an even earlier version when I started using it and it auto updated itself regularly to the latest one available but they are a very active company and the program is always changing a fair bit so I stopped letting it update as the version I had was working just fine and did everything I needed. So if the latest version, the one you've got has the option to not check for updates then you may want to do the same as me. When they do update it increased the learning curve unnecessarily for me at least because the new features weren't going to be used.

One of the functions I use the most is the upload throttle. I watch some overseas sports events on live torrent streams and the throttling allows me to limit the upload bandwidth that the torrent program (ACE stream) sometimes tries to take. I have 5Mbit upload available but I keep it limited to 1.25 Mbits so as not to totally max out the upstream feed on my internet service while still providing significant bandwidth to others on the P2P network.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information