I had a post here on dvd not running resolved.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had a post here on dvd not running resolved....

what Im saying is just that pc were much funtional until xp with few big mistakes up that way, now I think there are too many trying to make too many thing and the thing got messed up

Quote Originally Posted by cima2003 View Post

I used page to include everything that move on this POG
    Since you had asked how to run a program as an administrator, I tried to show you an example of how easy it is to do it.

When you right-click your Notepad's icon, what do you see? If you post a screenshot of it, we might be able to help you figure it out.

(Note that right-click menus should only contain options relevant to whatever you right-clicked).

I tried to do that since you guys posted it, and on the majority it doesnt even open anything on rightclicking
    If you'll post a couple of examples, we may be able to help you figure out the problem.

I keep trying chkdsk /f on run, but today he doesnt like it
    Type in the word cmd and Windows should pop-up the string "cmd.exe". Right-click on that "cmd.exe" and select "Run as administrator". Now at the cmd prompt, type in chkdsk /f and press [Enter]. Windows should tell you that it needs to restart in order to run chkdsk, so do whatever it's telling you to do in order to let it continue.

I runned other prog but none found, after all is a few week old pc that has been reloaded.
    If you mean "sfc /scannow" didn't find any problems, that's good news.

I even brought it back to the store, but wo even checkin they say that I have to pay because is software
    Yep, a computer store would soon go out of business trying to help everyone learn how to use computers, for free.

...so does that mean those not running have no warranty
    Don't understand the question.

amd I did, but still all the garbage keep coming at me and I start to hate it
    Might what to get with Broni and let hm check it out then.

about 100 to 1 they say on apple thats good enough for anybody
    Not enough for me to make a change ... yet.
    Last edited by SpywareDr; May 22nd, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

what Im saying is just that pc were much funtional until xp with few big mistakes up that way, now I think there are too many trying to make too many thing and the thing got messed up
    If the "bad guys" would quit trying to steal our stuff, computing (and life) would be sooo much easier.

- OK I just right clicked on notepad icon on the start menu classic
    and there it was run as administrator, what should I do with notepad
    - from the classic start menu I opened the command prompt I tiped checkdisk and checkdisk /f and no previleges answer.
    again from the menu I opened adm tools and rightclicked on W power shell 86 but an impossible small windows open frozen.
    so I right click on W power shell ISE 86 I type chkdsk /f enter and I get this C:\PerfLogs earlier I got :" impossible to start, console interactive apps are not supported, to run use cmdlet Start-Process or powershell.exe from menu file, to visualise/mod blocked console apps use $psUnsupportedConsoleApplication (wont copy the all thing on run)
    nor on the cmdprompt will run.
    - I also run malawarebites and 0 results so is not a virus, could be me? well it could, but for all of a sudden reason? because Ive been using and making PC since dos running regedit and then 95/98/2kpro/xp did you notice that with VRDR help I didnt pick the bad ones along the way? Ive slowed down a little but until few weeks ago with xp I was running smoot as ever with a 15 years PC we made togheter me and the chinese on northern blvd (I wish they were here). Of course with this mess I got into I could be making a few mistakes but beleive me is the garbage.
    Last edited by cima2003; May 23rd, 2015 at 07:20 AM.

- OK I just right clicked on notepad icon on the start menu classic and there it was run as administrator, what should I do with notepad
    Nothing. It was simply an example of how you can right-click many programs and a "Run as administrator" option will appear.

- from the classic start menu I opened the command prompt I tiped checkdisk and checkdisk /f and no previleges answer.
    1) When you get the 'no privleges', that means you forgot to open the cmd prompt as an Administrator. Right-click the cmd icon and select "Run as adminstrator".

2) Neither "checkdisk" or "checkdisk /f" are valid commands. It should be "chkdsk".

again from the menu I opened adm tools and rightclicked on W power shell 86 but an impossible small windows open frozen.
    Windows PowerShell will open a window similar to a cmd window. In other words, there is no GUI (graphical user interface). You have to type in a PowerShell command and press [Enter].

Wikipedia: Windows PowerShell

so I right click on W power shell ISE 86 I type chkdsk /f enter and I get this C:\PerfLogs earlier I got :" impossible to start, console interactive apps are not supported, to run use cmdlet Start-Process or powershell.exe from menu file, to visualise/mod blocked console apps use $psUnsupportedConsoleApplication (wont copy the all thing on run)
    nor on the cmdprompt will run.
    You don't need to run Windows PowerShell in order to run "chkdsk /f". To run "chkdsk /f" at an elevated cmd prompt, right-click the cmd prompt icon and select "Run as adminstrator". Now at the cmd prompt, type in chkdsk /f and press [Enter].

- I also run malawarebites and 0 results so is not a virus, ...
    There is no single program that can find all of the viruses, malware, trojans, exploits, rootkits, etc.

could be me? well it could, but for all of a sudden reason? because Ive been using and making PC since dos running regedit
    There was no 'regedit' in MS-DOS. The Windows Registry, and the Windows Registry Editor, "regedit", weren't needed in MS-DOS.

and then 95/98/2kpro/xp did you notice that with VRDR help I didnt pick the bad ones along the way? Ive slowed down a little but until few weeks ago with xp I was running smoot as ever with a 15 years PC we made togheter me and the chinese on northern blvd (I wish they were here). Of course with this mess I got into I could be making a few mistakes but beleive me is the garbage.
    1) I agree that Windows 8/8.1 can be extremely frustrating to try and use.

2) Recommend letting Broni make sure it's not infected before doing anything else.

thats were I tried to run chkdsk but not as administrator, but why as such I have to run things, could I just run wo all this adm routine like it used to be in all OS?
    ok that worked runned chkdsk /f , was very fast, and fixed some
    but it started not to hold the fonts size change again, sometimes I do the changing a dozen times in 1 h, I dont understand why 8 changed the fonts so small at the same time I was losing my sight, and in the small service windows like change properties or instruments bar the fonts are unreadable and unchangeable
    of course there wasnt regedit on dos, only on 95
    chkdsk I misprinted here not on the cmd though, it wouldnt have answered about not previleges
    thanks
    Last edited by cima2003; May 23rd, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

thats were I tried to run chkdsk but not as administrator, but why as such I have to run things, could I just run wo all this adm routine like it used to be in all OS?
    Because the 'bad guys' have forced Microsoft to make changes to help keep our computers safer.

ok that worked runned chkdsk /f , was very fast, and fixed some
    Excellent.

but it started not to hold the fonts size change again, sometimes I do the changing a dozen times in 1 h, I dont understand why 8 changed the fonts so small at the same time I was losing my sight, and in the small service windows like change properties or instruments bar the fonts are unreadable and unchangeable
    1) What size is your screen? (17", 19", 21", 24", etc.)

2) What resolution are using? (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, etc.)

3) Which DPI setting are you using? (100%, 125%, 150% etc.)

of course there wasnt regedit on dos, only on 95
    chkdsk I misprinted here not on the cmd though, it wouldnt have answered about not previleges
    thanks
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    Safer to use than AVAST Avira and the like in my book.

Did you make the recovery dvds ?
    This is what you really need to know.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht035659
    those instructions are for W2k

size screen 1680/1050
    screen: 1.w2234
    22 in
    I looked dpi on advanced sistem sett.
    and everywere else but today it wont show that.
    not to speak about what else is happening here today, there isnt enough space on your board.
    Im sure now that one of the 2 on this POG involved with assistance has put a spell on it and on another 10% of the sold, Ive already been told that they dont fix but hardstuff, so they could have manipulated the softstaff enough to make millions on 10% sold, Im an economist I know those things how they are run. malaware?
    I reinstalled java half a dozens times, the last today, because every time is changed to an older edition, and is not me .

size screen 1680/1050
    22 in
    not to speak about what else is happening here today, there isnt enough space on your board.
    Im sure now that one of the 2 on this POG involved with assistance has put a spell on it and on another 10% of the sold, Ive already been told that they dont fix but hardstuff, so they could have manipulated the softstaff enough to make millions on 10% sold, Im an economist I know those things how they are run. malaware?
    I reinstalled java half a dozens times, the last today, because every time is changed to an older edition, and is not me .
    VRDR helped me since 99 (2003 is just a revival) MS and lenovo support
    charge by the minute, and their forums are ridicolous, only redirect to card reading support.

size screen 1680/1050
    22 in
    That's a good size screen, running the proper resolution.

Try this: How to Change DPI Scaling Size for Displays in Windows 8.1

malaware?
    Could be. Follow the instructions on this VirtualDr page to see if Broni can help you spot any get rid of it.

Are you sure you even need Java? If not, uninstall all of it and reboot. You can go get the newest version later if you really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    That's a good size screen, running the proper resolution.
    I think I found waht is the MS failure on 8, thay wanted to mix 7 with touch, and that is not possible, every time I go into settings, you know on the low right, everithing explode on the screen and than settle, but is unmanegeable, the screen slips right and left and is very hard to control, sometimes you manage sometimes got to let it go, and seems that is related to the sudden change of fonts and sizes, and to not responding to setting changes on many things, now, I wont believe that is because is like a racehorse, looks more of a donkey, they did a big mistake releasing it, and 8.1 didnt fix the problem, I heard this already a year ago and I forgot, they should recall the POG, but hey....why should they do that, everybody is making millions out of those problems,
    I went to a repair store just to enquire yesterday, a guy told me he was very tired of people complaing keep coming back.

Try this: How to Change DPI Scaling Size for Displays in Windows 8.1

Could be. Follow the instructions on this VirtualDr page to see if Broni can help you spot any get rid of it.

I will but I dont think it is...Im sure the virus is somewere else

Are you sure you even need Java? If not, uninstall all of it and reboot. You can go get the newest version later if you really need it.
    Java? I have 7 and 8 today, tomorrow maybe I found that there is only 6 and 7 like last week. I need it to run charts and to look at MRI.
    XP was fantastic, I was thinking to load it here, but MS wont support and many prog werent installing anymore. In Wall street the voice was that MS does 1 right and 2 wrong, it didnt need to make 3 if they were all right.... did it?

Windows XP can no longer be protected; it had to be completely rewritten.

Thread Information