Virus?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virus??

I tried more to get into the desktop. No way. Sorry. I tried even with Safe Mode but it also shows the malware when I try to login.
    As it stands now, I have to reinstall W8. As long I cannot get into the desktop, there is no way to remove the malware or ransom ware. I will try Train's suggestion above.

I decided to follow Train's post and run No. 7, F-Secure from CD. Did not help at all. I'll try Kaspersky next.

Eureka!!! Kaspersky did it!. However, I ran the scan and apcc.exe did not turn up but some Java "Trojans". I checked them but they were harmless and actually from earlier updates of Java. Killed them all, about 16 of them. The nice thing of the Kaspersky CD is the graphical interface. It even has a very simple registry editor, and searched here for apcc.exe, found it and killed the entry. Looked all harmless. The registry entry also revealed the location in c:\windows\temp. Kaspersky has also a simple File Explorer and with its help I deleted that file. When I restarted: tada no problem at all.
    The question remains how it could enter the desktop without being detected. I assume this one has not been recognized as malware, ransom ware or what so ever by any program like Windows Defender or others. As I mentioned before here, I will document this and send it to Microsoft. Train's post eventually helped very much, and I bookmarked the website.

Excellent! Good to hear the problem's been resolved. Thanks for letting us know, and the tip about Kaspersky.

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Excellent! Good to hear the problem's been resolved. Thanks for letting us know, and the tip about Kaspersky.
    I agree 100% and THANKS for posting back.!!!

OH, when new junk comes out, it takes a while before the AV or malware programs add it in.

Thread Information