[RESOLVED] Burning CD

Thread: [RESOLVED] Burning CD

Resolved [RESOLVED] Burning CD

What ho one and all,

A neighbour's son is learning guitar and I thought it would be nice to give him a CD of guitar music by Segovia.

The CD plays on my computer and stand-alone CD player, so I figured, copy the files to the HDD and burn onto a new CD. The resulting cda file on the cd would now not play on the computer nor the CD player.

Tried again, using WMP to rip the files. Resulting mp3 files did play on the computer but again, not on the cd player (hardly surprising!) So burnt another cd using CD the Audio tab of CDBurnerXP. This seems to have converted the ripped mp3 files back to cda, which again, would not play on the computer or cd player.

So finally, have copied the mp4 to a cd and told him that he can only listen on his computer.

My question is, how does one make a copy of a cd so that it will play on a cd player? if I wanted an extra copy for the car, what do I do?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Basically you Rip the audio CD to wav, or mp3 files, then put a blank CD in the burner and select the option to burn an audio CD.

Note .cda is the way the Windows file system shows there is an audio track on a disk, it's not actually a file as such, just a pointer to the start and end of the track, so copying a cda file from the disk gets you a tiny little file and no actual audio.

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-rip-au...edia-player-12

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-burn-c...edia-player-12
    Last edited by General Winters; April 22nd, 2015 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks for the links. Guess I could have done a bit more searching but figured, how difficult can this be?

I have no idea which version of WMP I have since it does not say on the front. And I cannot even find an 'About WMP' option.

But with CDBurnerXP, I did create a cd with *.cda files on it, and those did not play in the CD player, which your link says should happen.

But what do I know?

Ahhhhh! That looks like the information I should have had before I thought I knew what I was doing. Easy peasy.

Thanks

Rex

Cheers.

Thanks. Never actually tried Ashampoo but it looks pretty easy. will give it a whirl.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the advice. Did a trial with CDBurner XP using the one click does all button (Copy Disk) and it was easy peasy. The disk even plays in the cd player.

Now youknow why I have used it for years.
    Now if you double click a iso file , it will open ready to correctly burn it to cd/dvd.

Yeap, that is one of my hang-ups with WMP. It is over designed to the extent that it is almost impossible to find my way around . Personally, I rarely use it because I have not been able to find out how to do what I want.

Usually, CD Burner XP Pro does all that I want. It was just this one CD was proving to be annoying since I never make copies of music CD. But now that I know how with CD Burner XP Pro, easy peasy!

Thread Information