Printer stuck-unable to remove from network and server

Thread: Printer stuck-unable to remove from network and server

Printer stuck-unable to remove from network and server

I am having an on going issue with printing. The system is having an issue with one printer on the network, it is a photocopier that is printing fine for staff but is being a big issue to the pupils and some teachers. The printer on the server was getting a redirected printer as well as the main printer, this was removed finally as it kept coming up with a permissions issue for the domain administrator ( not sure what all that was about) had to go into the registry to delete it. The issue is that this old redirected printer is still coming up as the default for pupils and it goes to print and says it is successful but it just goes into the unknown.
    I have removed the printer from the console that we are running on the server which is made for schools and the printer operations are now supposedly running as a GPO, but there has been no change to the situation. I fear that the printer is stuck it all the profiles somewhere, I have deleted local and network profiles and reconnected after a gpupdate but I cannot get rid of this printer. The printer still comes up in most of the teachers log on's but they can change to the printer that is required, a pain I know but better than no printer at all. I also had a laptop that after it had been rebuilt it still picked up the printer that it shouldn't have and so it must be stuck in the system somewhere and is proving a nightmare trying to get rid of it.
    The server is 2008 r2, Workstations running Windows 7 pro and a management console that works like K9.
    I may have to go round to all the laptops and add the printer manually as I see no other way around this at the moment. Any enlightenment would be appreciated, if I am missing something.

Thread Information