[RESOLVED] config safe for win 98se

Thread: [RESOLVED] config safe for win 98se

Resolved [RESOLVED] config safe for win 98se

I recently installed Win 98se on an old computer into a new hard drive. I noticed Config Safe V. 1.05 Win 95/98
    did not install. I am trying to find the older version to download and install. So far I found V 8 that would not
    install. Where can I down load the older version.

Also

Where can I find to install on my Win 98se computer Word Perfect 6.1 for Windows. I did find a download
    from C/NET but it would not install. Said it could not find some file. Where can I find a WP 6.1 download
    that will install? I never have much luck with C/NET downloads.

Jerry

C/NET downloads is one place I stay clear of as I do not wish for my computer to be infected with malware.

Oldversion. com has 5.1
    http://www.oldversion.com/

Maybe
    http://www.oldapps.com/

I cannot find ConfigSafe V. 1.05. All I can find is V. 8 that will not install in Win 98se.
    ConfigSafe V. 1.05. come in a floppy disk. If any one has one I will buy it from you. Let me
    know.

Jerry

SUCCESS I could not find any where to download config safe 1.05. Then I noticed on my other win 98 computer in windows explorer I had the config safe files. I transferred them them them the computer without config
    safe. I clicked to the install the file and no luck. Then I discovered if you click on the application it will run. It does not need to been installed to run, just have all the files in windows explorer. I moved the application to the desktop as an icon. Works fine.

Jerry

Might want to back up some of these to cd so they do not get lost.

Thread Information