I cant change letters size on 8.1

Thread: I cant change letters size on 8.1

I cant change letters size on 8.1

I cant change letters size on 8.1 on firefox java opened window, I tried everything, all changes allright, but not inside and arouind that java window.
    thanks

If it is a child window opened by Java code, you may not be able to change the font size. The code may be specifying the font size to use.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    If it is a child window opened by Java code, you may not be able to change the font size. The code may be specifying the font size to use.
    child window?....it is a java app that doesnt have any fontsize choice, but on my old PC it show just fine and you can read it, on this garbage 8.1 you cant read any window pop up as they have too small fonts, and the desktop bar is transparent so when you pass the arrow on it and pop up it get mixed and confused with the windows below it, how come it is so much garbage on this 8.1? it is suspicious.

And M$ wondered why it did not sell.
    You will be happier when Win 10 is released. A free upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    free upgrade?
    I believe it when I see it, and even if is going to be free wasnt free all the troble im going trhough now and I will until 10 is finally fixed and running, by then it will be time for W12, it is otrougeos that after you buy something you cant use it as you likeand transfer to another PC....the only upgrade here is Linux or apple.
    There are 5 partitions on this Lenovo can I download Linux in one and start on it, than to move to window do I need to shut down a restart?

Yes you can and yes I reboot so I can select the OS I want to use.
    Then there is vmware which I know exists, but never have used.
    Hope someone will post information on those programs.

Yes you can and yes I reboot so I can select the OS I want to use.
    Then there is vmware which I know exists, but never have used.
    Hope someone will post information on those programs.
    ..as i still was looking to get into some kind o font size choice I run into MSfood, did you ever? well..could you beleive You get stuck inthere? A black page with no exit but a yes to the abyss? MS this time shoot his foot twice...I dont think anylonger the guy give everything to charity(along with the buffet band), he could have apply justice to millions of 8 buyers if he was feeling so Philantropic
    and even if he was so inclined, he shouldnt had done with ma'money.
    And yes thanks for wmare link, are you sure Im going to be semplified by it?
    I took a look, and Im no sure I understood a word they are saying, while still looking to get larger fonts on the popups to change fonts....or any MS popups,
    there are 100k working on Redmond (AT $100k first entry) does anybody think
    they are not smart enough to do any of the bads things premeditated???not for a NY minute I dont...

Virtualbox also exist, but having never used any of that stuff I have no idea how to use it. There are threads here on that type of programs.

I use 8 GB memory sticks to make Persistant USB boot sticks. Same bookmarks, log ins, etc that are on my computers.
    Mint 17 is on one stick. Even wiped grand daughters laptop and installed Mint 17 for her. That ended the virus and malware problems they were having.
    MX 14.4 I will be working with now.
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...56#post5336456

free?
    there is an app here on 8 where you can choose if you like to buy the key to apply changes...it cost 100 more to buy a PC with window, and I got to buy a key to make it work? I used to like the guy with the idiot face in the garage, now that he is taking the world for a ride I start to think it was better if he did go into the armonger business just like everybody else did.

Well, from the horses mouth
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about
    Free Upgrade Offer*
    Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year! And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months.
    They do want a email address.

Quote Originally Posted by cima2003 View Post

I cant change letters size on 8.1 on firefox java opened window, I tried everything, all changes allright, but not inside and arouind that java window.
    thanks
    I don't know if it will work with the Java window you are talking about but, did you try holding down the [Ctrl] key and then tapping the [+] key to make it bigger and the [-] to make it smaller? I no longer use Java so I don't really have an easy way to test it and see if it will work.

Well, from the horses mouth
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about
    Free Upgrade Offer*
    Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year! And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months.
    They do want a email address.
    the only thing they want is for you to sign up to MS mail
    wich I will never do, it has become a criminal org that sting people all around the world, it cost you 100$ more to buy a PC just bexcause it has this garbage on that you have to dump to install a real OS like Linus
    I had to reload 8.1 3 times and I just started, almost a month 24/7 trying to do my things, they like for you to do what they please, they forget that once you buy the MF is yours and you need to go on with your life, they cant pretend you do what they like...shopping? entertaining? what the F else ???and if I need to keep some kind of files and folders I have to pay? with w11 pay to defrag? a class action is what they are going to get forget the BS of all MAMONEY to AFRICA which I dont believe it even if I see it. I want mamoneyback and all the damages. Thank god there is a god up here and thou is starting to wake up and seems hitting google with a 6 bills ticket for a similar scam theyve been running for decades, just like the bankers that Fked the all world, they too need to be stunged back a little...enough is enough....

Thread Information