How to attach a screensot to a posting.

Thread: How to attach a screensot to a posting.

How to attach a screensot to a posting.

Would someone please remind me how to attach a screen shot to a Virtual DR. posting?

• I know my screenshot name (Revo screenshot.jpg)
    • I press Manage Attachments.
    • I Upload Revo screenshot.jpg and I see it in the Screen 1 window.
    • But I don't see how to move it to the Screen 2 window.

Look at the sticky thread right above this one... Its called->Guide to posting screenshots
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thank you. ...wdc

I am still having trouble.

1. After composing my post I click the "Go Advanced" button and then the "Manage attachments" button.
    2. I view the 2-part form.
    3. I click Add Files in the part 1 window, find my file(screenshot.jpg), and Select it. I see screenshot,jpg in the part 1 window.
    4. I then try to drag the selected file to the part 2 window (as directed by the instructions in the part 2 window). But that does not work for me. The file screenshot.jpg does not appear in the part2 window.

Frustrating! Can you spot what I am doing wrong? ...wdc

You need to click the Check Box on the Attachment(s) you want to drag first, then try dragging.

jdc2000:

1. I do not see any place for a check mark on the file (REVO screen2.jpg) I loaded to the part 1 window. ???

2. I did get this error message: "REVO screen2.jpg: Exceeds your quota by 312.2 KB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>".

THAT may be my problem? How do I delete the files (earlier screenshots, that are shown as icons on the part 1 window)?

If you have NOT exceeded your quota for Attachments, the files should appear in the lower section of the Attachments window automatically after you upload them. They can also be dragged after you have selected the Check Box at the lower right corner of each attachment image thumbnail, as noted in the attached image. If you drag selected (checked) images to the lower section of the window, there should be an option to delete them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Afraid I am still stuck. Can't figure out how to DELETE those old files. For the largerold files I am unable to drag them to the lower window (I get an "exceeded" message). For the smaller old files I CAN rag them to the lower window and I then can delete them. But they disappear only from the lower window; the files do not disappear from the top window. Still at sea.

If you go into your setting here for your user profile and find the option to do BASIC file attachment...which is like the older version for two years ago... It's much easier and does the same job.

The link below shows how to delete attachments uploaded to vBulletin.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...te+attachments

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    If you go into your setting here for your user profile and find the option to do BASIC file attachment...which is like the older version for two years ago... It's much easier and does the same job.
    Steve: Thank you. I went to Settings/Attachment; could not see the old BASIC option you spoke of. But I did see a way of deleting those old files! After which the standard (non-Basic) way worked!

So, muddling through I was able to send my attachment. But I would still like to learn the older way --- for use next time.

Thanks everyone. ...wdc

MY BAD... been doing this all day.

In the Settings->General Setting you have to say NO to Enhanced Uploading to get the basic version... See this attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information