How can delete Photoshop scratch files

Thread: How can delete Photoshop scratch files

How can delete Photoshop scratch files

My ASUS laptop has Windows 8 with a 256 SSD (partitioned by ASUS?), i7-4710HQ, 2.50 GHz and 16GB RAM.
    Last night I was working with Photoshop CS6 and my partitioned C drive had about 25% free so I’m saving all my photos on an a external and some files on my D file.

Tonight I tried to open Photoshop CS6 and got the message: “could not open default styles because the scratch disks are full”. I researched and figured out it was a Photoshop issue. I freed up enough space to open Photoshop and can correct my scratch file settings in PS.

I’m trying to find a tutorial on how to delete the scratch disks with no luck. How can I delete the Photoshop scratch files?
    Also, I want to get rid of the partition. Do I have to format my 256 SSD and reinstall Windows 8? I do have a 2TB external and ultra-flash drives for my media/data storage. Eventually, I’ll upgrade to a larger SSD.

Thanks,
    Mike

Do you mean the temp files? You would need to do a search for "Photoshop Temp" and then delete the files. Ex. Photoshop Temp2777286510092

Also, I want to get rid of the partition. Do I have to format my 256 SSD and reinstall Windows 8?
    Which partition are you talking about? If you have a C: and D: partition, then you can just delete the D: partition and expand the C: partition.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
    You could also use a third party tool like MiniTool:
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html

Yes, the PS temp files that built up in one night. I've never heard of scratch disks and I do keep my eye on the small SSD.

I'd like to delete the D partition, I don't see the benefit. I back up all my important data, photos, etc. I'll take a look at the "howtogeek" link and Partition Wizard.

Thanks,
    Mike

A Photoshop Temp search open CS6. I've seen this search command in scratch disk deletion tutorials.

Sorry, that was a run command.

Thread Information