MSE files

Thread: MSE files

MSE files

What ho y'all,

Every once in a while, I will scan and clean C: (XP Pro) and the usual result is that things seems to go faster (for a while.) I run MS Security Essential full time, and it updates regularly.

However, when I run cCleaner / Registry, there are hundreds of files under D&S\All Users\AppData\MS Antimalware\Scans\History\Results\Resources\ very long number, each file is about 10-20kb but literally hundreds of them.

Why are these not deleted or removed? What is the purpose of all these old files? Presumably it down to me to scan and tidy up every now and then?

Thanks
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

If you run CC cleaner today and remove the MSE results files, then look at those folders tomorrow, how many files are there? How often do you run MSE scans? Results files will be created each time MSE runs.

Link to read:

http://forum.piriform.com/?showtopic=36952

Don't run the MSE scans so often but it is running in the background. I think that when booting, there are always updates, and it is those updates (I think) that are saved.

It is not a problem per say, just don't understand why MSE saves all what I assume to be, redundant files.

Just run cCleaner again, and there are 35 of the above files, all at 10kb. Not big, but as I say, they accumulate pretty dammed quickly.
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Thread Information