HSPA Usb Modem Problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSPA Usb Modem Problem

Ok. Here's another pic. You guys would have more of an idea as to what the message means. HSPA Usb.jpg

I have just realized that my Dvd Rom driver is corrupted. Maybe that is the problem. I uninstalled it, restarted the laptop then when it went to reinstall the driver it said it failed. So how in the hell do I get another driver. Doing a search and always end up with these driver update programs that asks you to pay first! *Facepalm*
    Last edited by stevcolx; March 27th, 2015 at 05:39 AM.

code 19
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=ws.10%29.aspx

NOTE: iTunes seems to be a problem maker and they have a link there referencing cd/dvd drives.
    More links , some with video.
    https://www.google.com/#q=code+19

Wel, I contacted Acer who told me to reset the laptop to factory settings. I decided against that and found out I could delete the DVDRam registry files Lower Filters line and Upper Filters line, That did the trick for the DVD CD Rom drive. Got rid of my Code 19 error. Then I managed to install the software for the HSPA Usb Modem. But now when I try to connect it gives me an error and tells me I have conflicting software and I should uninstall and reinstall which I have done a couple of times with the same message each time.

Oh Ma Heed! * Double Facepalm *

What are your drive letters with the USB modem unplugged? It could be a conflict with the DVD drive.

For code 19, run the filters fix. (Resolution #2)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?wa=wsignin1.0

Well all is good now. Did another edit of the registry file system. Deleted any reference to HSPA in the file system, rebooted my laptop and managed to install the program. Had to tweak the autoplay registry files though. For some reason they were disabled. Everything working ok now. It's actually not bad for a laptop I picked up in the recycling centre near where I live. I was dumping an old Microwave when I noticed the laptop sitting amongst the electrical rubbish. Took it home, ordered a power adaptor for it. Once I got that I booted it up. It got to the logon screen and stopped due to it being passworded. I downloaded from my desktop a Vista Password Hack program, burned it to disc then put it in the laptop, booted from Dvdrom and it deleted the password. Now I have a reasonably good working laptop I can use for personal use whilst I'm overseas working. All for the cost of a power adaptor.

So thanks very much for all your help here. I should have trained as an IT engineer rather than an Intelligent Completions Engineer!! lol

Cheers!

Thread Information