[RESOLVED] Mouse problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Mouse problems

Resolved [RESOLVED] Mouse problems

I have an Asus ET22201 running Windows 8.1 with all updates installed.

Until recently I wsa using the mouse and keyboard supplied by Asus with the PC, but the mouse stopped working. I ordered a Microsoft 1000 keyboard and 800 mouse, and whilst waiting for them to arrive I used a Microsoft Arc Mouse, which worked perfectly. However, the new (800) mouse doesn't work properly. Windows finds the mouse and I have installed the drivers for it, but there is no mouse pointer and the buttons don't work at all. The scroll wheel works. I also have a pen mouse and that works fine.

Any suggestions? I would say that the new mouse is faulty but it is having the same problems as the Asus mouse, which might mean it's a PC problem. I have tried installing new drivers and also different USB ports.
    kestrella

You could try downloading the latest version of the drivers from Microsoft to see if that corrects the issue.

It should have gone out and downloaded the new drivers needed, but as it not, you need to do it.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

Thanks for your help. I had downloaded the drivers (should have said that - sorry). I'm now using a mouse mat and that is helping although the movement is a bit jerky. I may have to abandon the Microsoft mouse and go back to the Arc Mouse.
    kestrella

Thread Information