Wireless connection not working on Lenovo T400 laptop

Thread: Wireless connection not working on Lenovo T400 laptop

Wireless connection not working on Lenovo T400 laptop

Hi Experts,

I do have a Lenovo T400 laptop running Windows XP. I am not able to access the wi-fi via this laptop. Let me state the problem here

1. When i manually ON the hardware button present at the front of this laptop for wireless connection, then the light for only bluetooth icon in ON but it is OFF for wireless connection icon.

2. The device name for wireless network connection shown in 'Network Connections' is Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN and the status shown is Disabled. I tried to enable this but it is showing error as 'Connection Failed'.

3. I also tried by pressing Fn-F5 key, but i am not able to see anything happening after pressing this key combination.

Could anybody please suggest me if anything wrong with the hardware card? OR please suggest any solution so that i can access wireless connection from this laptop.

Regards,
    YoYoHoney

What does Device Manager show for the status of the wireless networking device driver? Are there any yellow exclamation marks or red indicators in Devce Manager for the hardware? Have you tried removing and reinstalling the device drivers?

Check out the wireless nic in device manager.

Check the BIOS and make sure the WiFi NIC is enabled.

I checked the Network adapters under device manager. For Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN, a red cross is visible on the top of a card graphics.
    For the moment, i haven't tried removing and re installing the device driver. Honestly, i am not also expert in this. Could you please guide me on how to do this i mean removing and re installing the device driver?

I checked the BIOS section under config->network->Wireless LAN and WiMAX Radios. It is On. I hope this is what you wanted me to check. Also, i checked the status of wireless network device driver in device manager. There is a red cross visible in front of this. Could you please suggest further?

Hi Midknyte,

I followed the link you mentioned for enabling the network adaptor. For 'Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN' network adaptor, i enabled the device as mentioned in the link. Also, the device status shown is 'the device is working properly'.

But still, the wireless network connection shows as 'Disabled' in the network connections.

I also put on the wireless button(hardware) present at the front of the laptop.

But, still the laptop is not able to access the Wi-Fi network. Could you please suggest something else? Could it be a problem with hardware card?

Did you reboot after you enabled the WiFi in Device Manager?

Are you using the Intel WiFi software or just the Wireless Zero Config service? If you are using the Intel software, check the settings there.

Generally, this is how I bypass the manufactures wireless config garbage.
    http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.as...rticleid=21475

Thread Information