Uses for an SD Card slot.

Thread: Uses for an SD Card slot.

Uses for an SD Card slot.

My laptop has one of those slots that is completely hidden on the underside so can have a SD card in it with it being noticed.

So I was wondering if there are any good idea for its use?

Old SD card set to do ReadyBoost (from what I have read that might give me 1 or 2% increase in speed if I am lucky, maybe a bit more during boot).

Not actually checked if my laptop can boot from the slot but if it can then fill the SD card with a boot loader and rescue CD images (have that already on an old flash drive)

Anything else?

You get those SD cards for cameras that have built in Wi-Fi - any other SD cards with unusual functions?

rescue CD images
    and media storage is what I use it for. I still boot from a USB thumb drive Using Acronis TI or Macrium Reflect for imaging/reimaging... I don't recall ever seeing a bootable SDcard capability.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Yes, the SD card can be set up to be booted from, but it has to be set up like it was a BOOTABLE USB drive.

lots how do do it links.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=boot...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I use Bootable USB stick with various Distros of Linux on them. From experience, DO NOT be surprised if you have to format and start over as they can get scrambled easily. And the BIOS has to be able have booting to USB in it. This OLD laptop does not have that option.

Thread Information