[RESOLVED] GATEWAY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] GATEWAY

After performing the removal, TRIPLE CHECK to make sure that the bad certificate is really gone. If that remains, hackers will own the system.

I used the Lenovo program to remove Superfish. First the automatic remove, then the manual remove.
    I did find a superfish entry in the add/remove program and clicked on remove. Got and error message saying
    program may have been removed already, would you like to remove the entry which I did. I used the Lenovo
    Superfish remove guide manual and checked all the places and found no files named superfish. Before I used
    Malwarebytes to scan and it removed 7 superfish files. Does Malwarebytes do a good job of removing superfish?
    I have scanned with Malwarebytes several times and it found no Superfish. Is there anything else to do?

Jerry

DISASTER I am giving the laptop to my Grandson Sunday for his birthday. The computer was all set. Lenovo
    stated it will give MCAFFE which comes free for 30 day a 6 months extension so I called them. They gave me
    a web site to get the free key. At the web site it said the offer had expired. I called Mcaffe support so I
    thought. They said they could fix the problem and wanted remote control over my computer. After during a long
    period of changes they said my computer was affected by viruses and could fix the problem for $199. I refused
    and after many arguments said they would lower the price to $49 for a 30 day fix (whatever that means) I finally
    hung up and found they ruined my computer. They put a web site into my run menu that led to a screaming boy
    running around and I had to restart the computer to get rid of it. They told me anything connected to my router
    is affected including my IPHONE. I said I would remove and restore the entire system and they said that would
    not work. I found them by going to google and by typing in Mcaffe. They claimed to be a Mcaffe support site.
    There phone # is 877-821-4559 and they are a con outfit. I did restore the computer to original condition and
    set up windows again. Lenovo told me to call them back and they will assist in removing all of superfish. I will
    not install any of my software until after I call them and get rid of superfish. They also told me that the Mcaffe
    program was a starter program and not very good and wanted to put another program on my computer. I think
    I will get rid of Mcaffe and put on the free Avast program along with Malwarebytes. I should have known better
    but I believed them that they would extend Mcaffe for 6 months. Boy was I wrong.

Jerry

Ouch!!

I have the phone # of the outfit that did this to me. Do I have any legal recourse?

Jerry

Thread Information