Win 8.1 Can't Upgrade

Thread: Win 8.1 Can't Upgrade

Win 8.1 Can't Upgrade

Finally got around to installing Win 8, the version that sold for $49 when Microsoft first announced its sale. Loaded ok, but can't seem to get upgrade to 8.1. And, too, I entered the proper key when loading to my notebook, but in device manager, says I have not activated with Microsoft. Everything is working fine, the updates, more than 118 loaded, internet access is ok. Thanks for the assist. Jim S.
    Jim S.

make sure you have KB2871389 and KB2917499 updates installed. They are both needed to be able to upgrade to 8.1. If they are not installed go to the Microsoft download center and install them manually in that order then go to the Microsoft store and see if the free upgrade is accessible.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

List your cpu specs. It might not be compatible with Win8.1

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20586...windows-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    make sure you have KB2871389 and KB2917499 updates installed. They are both needed to be able to upgrade to 8.1. If they are not installed go to the Microsoft download center and install them manually in that order then go to the Microsoft store and see if the free upgrade is accessible.
    Thanks, that did it. Geez it takes a long time to do the update. Thanks, again, to all. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Thread Information