Shortcuts to Apps not showing up in the Desktop category of the Apps list (Win 8.1)

Thread: Shortcuts to Apps not showing up in the Desktop category of the Apps list (Win 8.1)

Shortcuts to Apps not showing up in the Desktop category of the Apps list (Win 8.1)

I was tidying up the start menu and deleted all the individual shortcuts from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs (These are the one that show up in the Desktop category of the app list)

Some things stopped working (PC Settings for example) so as I copied all the shortcuts first I put them back

Everything is working again but shortcuts to actual Apps (Store, PC Settings, Camera, OneDrive) now don't show up in the Desktop category even though the shortcut is there.

The Apps are still there on the Start Menu and the Apps list under there own category.

I have been searching for answers but all the ones I can find are to do with the shortcut for an App (usually the Store one) missing from everywhere and how to restore that, nothing about the Desktop Category ones.

Being that they are Apps it is not possible to right click and do an open file location to find the original shortcut and copy that like you can do with an normal program. And being "built in" default feature its not possible to uninstall / reinstall them either.

Did you try restoreing to a point before you made the changes to see if that might fix the issue?

If that does not work, you may need to try a Repair Install.

Links:

https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructi...8-and-8-1.html

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Thread Information