HDMI PORT

Thread: HDMI PORT

HDMI PORT

I have a Lenovo G 500 laptop running Win 8.1. It has an HDMI port. Can I hook it up to my TV and watch Netflix.
    If so do I need to change anything on my Laptop?

Jerry

It should be plug and go but as with any computer function there could be surprises. The most common one would be having to adjust the computer's resolution settings for the new, secondary monitor which is, in effect, what the TV now will be. Not a big deal and is easily done within the computers graphics display interface. It would be handy to know your TV's native resolution beforehand.. perhaps in the owners manual or available in it's manufacturer's online description of specifications. Having said that even if the resolution isn't right but the picture still looks good then just leave it. No damage would be done if you're satisfied with the result.

Another small possibility would be the TV's refresh rate. Most TV's are 60hz but some new HDTV's are higher, usually 120hz, and the laptop may need to be adjusted for that too from within the same graphics interface. Don't try to adjust that unless you're sure you know the right values.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

By defaut the tv should mirror what you see on your laptop screen. You can set to an extended desktop by right-clicking on your desktop/screen resolution. Your netflix movies can play on your tv, no matter if you decide to use to mirror your laptop screen or use an extended desktop screen.

Thread Information