After login to a specific site pages come up blank

Thread: After login to a specific site pages come up blank

After login to a specific site pages come up blank

I have been having an issue when logging into a specific site. The site is a do it yourself site and I registered a long time ago. About a month ago I noticed that if i am not logged into the site i can browse the site and read posts etc. But if i want to reply or post a new thread and i log in after i log in it accepts my login and then goes to the page of the post that i want to reply to but the page is totally blank. It happens to all threads in the site. I can request the site to change my password reset and it does that but once i use the password and log in once again the page comes up blank. I have tried contacting the site multiple times but get no response.

Is there something I can check in my security settings that may be limiting me from viewing the pages. I don't have this problem with any other sites. I tried it with Firefox and IE both with same results. If I reset my laptop by restarting it i can then view the site but once i log in again it comes up blank.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Best guess is that the issue is on their end... Also guessing you've used the Contact Us link???

Here on VirtualDr, YOU are part of a member group called Virtual Med Student... Internally, that group is called SigPMregistered.... (Signature&Private Messages are allowed & Registered)

Look to see what group you on the site in question and compare that to other members. I'm thinking maybe the group you are a part of is broken.

You could also try to register again which might put you in a different group and may allow you to post and ask questions to the site staff.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Although that was an excellent thought I just went to the site and see what my membership level is by checking an old post of mine. Some member with the same level has just answered a post and also created one today. so I don't think that is the problem.

Log out then log back in.

Old cookies maybe the problem.

I can't log out of the site because the screen is blank so no button to log out.
    How do you clear cookies in Firefox 35.

Meantime, I tried using IE and the same thing happens. Log in and end up with a blank screen. If I clear cookies in IE still nothing shows up.

The only way so far to see any pages of the site is restart windows and then go to the site which comes up and then after I get logged in the site responds as saying the login was successful and it will redirect me and then the screen goes blank.

To clear all or individual cookies in firefox..

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ebsites-stored

When you delete the cookie(s) (may be more than one) from that site you will automatically be logged out once you restart just the browser (not windows).

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Update:

I have tried all of your suggestions and this had not resolved the issue that I am having for this site only after logging in to it. It is obvious that it is their site that is causing this issue (I have to assume at this point). I see that other persons are posting with my level of membership on that site. The board is somewhat active with recent posts and replies.

Since I posted this thread I have attempted to email their tech support dept several times by sending online requests/emails and have not received one reply. I have tried to send a private message to a moderator but can only do so if logged in a once again the page comes up blank.

So at this point I have to give up on this cause. If they feel my concerns are not important enought to reply to then I have to think that my posts are not important either so therefore I will stop using the board.

I came back here only to thank every one that gave me suggestions and help with this issue. As I said I have to give up attempting to post on that site.

Thanks again for attempting to help me.

Thread Information