[RESOLVED] GOOGLE DOES NOT NOTIFY ME

Thread: [RESOLVED] GOOGLE DOES NOT NOTIFY ME

Resolved [RESOLVED] GOOGLE DOES NOT NOTIFY ME

I do not get notified of answers to my questions on Virtual Dr. I have been told this is a Google problem. Is there
    a way to fix this. I have also seem to be getting notification on my I Phone 5s when an answer comes through.
    I run Yahoo and Google on my phone. Why is this happening?

Pretty sure you meant to point out that you are using a GMAIL account on your profile here..

Are you saying you are getting messages on your smartphone for replies here but not on your computer? If so, how are you checking emails on your computer? Do you go to GMAILS web site or do you have an email application on your computer that is checking mail?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I open an answer to an older response then scroll down to my name. That opens all my answers.
    I have Yahoo but is G.Mail brouser and how do I install, then put Virtual Dr. on it?

Jerry

Jerry - I don't understand anything you just wrote.. Lets take this one step at a time:

When you go to www.Gmail.com and sign into your email account do you see the emails from VirtualDr?

Yes I see the e-mails from Virtual Dr. I open one of them and scroll down the answer page until my name comes up.
    I click on my name and it brings me to all my recent e-mails.

OH My..... I'm almost afraid to ask.... What exactly is the problem then? You originally wrote:

I do not get notified of answers to my questions on Virtual Dr. I have been told this is a Google problem.
    But now you're saying you do get emails to your Gmail account.

The Virtual Dr. web site does not tell me I have a new answer, I have to open and old answer to find out.
    The opening page of the web site always told me of new e-mail. Now it does not.

Jerry

This is a challenge.

You can't tell that you have a reply just by getting on the website, unless you check the thread you were in. Instead, it sends out an email to notify you. That's the correct mode of every forum online.

If you have a notification near your ID on the home page, it means you have a private message (P.M.)at the site, not an email. When you click on "Notifications," it will also show you threads to which you're subscribed, but it will not tell you if there's a new reply.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Jerry posted in an older thread in the Feedback forum:

SUCCESS After reading all the comments I started experimenting around and discovered my IN BOX was so full
    it would not hold any new e-mails. I deleted the junk and now it works.
    I have a feeling Foxy was correct and that he has been talking about his PM Inbox here.

Thread Information