[RESOLVED] Wacky DVD

Thread: [RESOLVED] Wacky DVD

Resolved [RESOLVED] Wacky DVD

What ho Guys,

I have a boxed DVD set (42 disks) that I enjoy watching; unfortunately, I now know that it was a dodgy set when I bought it, which was some time ago. Most of the disks play fine but about six will not.

I usually use PowerDVD, but the six will not play using PotPlayer, VLC, or WMP. Strangely, I can sometimes open the DVD in Explorer and play the individual *.vob files.

I would like to try and re-create the DVD in one form or another, but again, DVD Shrink / DVD Decrypter, etc will not open the disk. So I have copied the five *.vob files to a folder on the HDD, where they all play as individual files. But trying to join (and convert) with Freemake Video Converter and again, a message appears the two of the files are unreadable.

The disks are not scratched, obviously they were dodgy disks when originally created. Is there some magic solution that I could try? Even happy to join them all together and convert to mp4.

Toodle Pip

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

It could be that those 2 files are simply corrupted and can't be used. Perhaps a different extraction program would be useful to see what can be retrieved from the DVD. Joining a corrupted file with a good one, if it can be done, would probably just give you one bigger corrupted file.

I have used isobuster in the past to extract data from damaged CD's and DVD's and found it worked very well.

http://www.isobuster.com/isobuster.php

It used to be part free/trialware but I'm not sure how much that has changed since I last used it a few years ago. It might be worth trying to at least see if it can deal with the files/folders you want to view.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks; trying ISO Buster as I write. I gave up on another program that got stuck on what is probably the wacky file for over 30mins with no extra bytes read or written.

Is there a program to join the vob files into one long file, which I could perhaps convert to mp4? Alternatively, if the vob are just one big file, then at least I can play the four episodes without it suddenly stopping in the middle.

With the use of VOB-Deit and IFO-Edit, I have been able to recreate a DVD that plays as it should, albeit, without the subtitle option. Also, cannot select to play individual episodes and it jumps to that episode.

But at least I have a working DVD disk again.

Thread Information