[RESOLVED] How to go from Win 8.1 back to Win 8

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to go from Win 8.1 back to Win 8

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to go from Win 8.1 back to Win 8

My laptop came with Win 8. Months ago I was curious about 8.1 so I upgraded and to be honest don't remember from where or how I did it. Found a link and installed it.

Meantime, I would like to go back to Win 8 as I see no great reason to stay with Win 8 for what I use my laptop for. The main reason I want to revert back is because of the login. Am I correct that my login now using Win 8.1 is an actual Microsoft account that was created in order to log in? Where as using Win 8 there is no actual Microsoft account used just local login user information.

I don't want to use a Microsoft account to log in if this is the case using Win 8.1. No reason for me to have a Microsoft account just to login to Win on my laptop.

How do I revert back to win 8 and how to I get rid of this Microsoft account if in fact one was actually created?

Thank you for your help; much appreciated.

The login is ONLY a local login to your computer....just like ALL other versions of Windows. You have the ability to add other people to use their own login etc...

Control Panel-> USER is probably an option to remove the password and bypass the login screen.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Understood, thank you.

However, curious; if I go to MSN.com site it logs me in automatically to MSN.com using my 8.1 login username.
    Did I create the msn.com account when upgrading to 8.1 not realizing it then?
    Do I delete the msn account? Don't need it, don't want it and never wanted it.
    Can I create a different log in for 8.1 and then delete the username that I created when I upgraded to win 8.1?

And once that's done and working you can close the unwanted MSN/Outlook account within it's own options in your browser.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...-close-account

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Midknyte You can change to a local account:
    Thank you. I was able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    And once that's done and working you can close the unwanted MSN/Outlook account within it's own options in your browser.
    Thank you. I was able to do this.

So I created a new local account to log into windows with. Marked my Microsoft account for closure. I then made sure that my new local account was set up as "administrator". Logged out of Microsoft account, logged in as new local account and deleted the old Microsoft account within windows. one big mistake was that I lost all of my favorites in I.E. so now I have to recreate all of them again. I was too quick to delete not realizing I would have to set up the desktop and everything else all over again. but still better than having that stupid Microsoft account which I was not happy with because they basically trick you into it when upgrading to win8.1 which I don't like; seems sneaky to me.

Thanks for your help

Thread Information