Problem booting 8.1 tablet

Thread: Problem booting 8.1 tablet

Problem booting 8.1 tablet

An ASUS VivoTab ME400C-C1 with Win 8.1 that I have had for about 6 months.

Twice now I've booted the tablet, first time a couple of months ago and then tonight and got a message before the usual Asus startup screen that says..

readatme1touchEWfailed

It then pauses for about 15 seconds and continues on to boot to Windows normally.

I've searched for that error message in various ways.. split up to individual words.. read at me1 touch EWfailed and other combinations but have come up with nothing at all.

Any ideas? It doesn't appear to be a show stopper. Yet. But I'd rather find out what it is now than later in case it becomes a chronic problem.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I submitted a ticket to ASUS and they responded quickly...
    This can be related to a corrupted driver file for the touchscreen. Please try to run System Restore in order to revert the system to the last known good configuration. If the problem persists, please do a "PC Refresh".
    But since it's a rare and intermittent problem I will wait to see if it happens again or more frequently before I do any restoring or reset (Refresh) the tablet to factory condition which I think at this point would be overkill and annoying.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information