outlook.com email problem!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: outlook.com email problem!

outlook.com email problem!

I'm getting this message below now when already in my account on TWO different computers.
    What can I do? I've googled for solutions and no luck. I've had support from Microsoft with no luck. Once we reset the browsers and it worked for a short time. Then I'm locked out again eventually. I've had my computers announced CLEAN from Broni.

Firefox message:
    This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to bay174.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
    What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

bay174.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.gfx.ms, gfx1.hotmail.com, gfx2.hotmail.com, gfx3.hotmail.com, gfx4.hotmail.com, gfx5.hotmail.com, gfx6.hotmail.com, gfx7.hotmail.com, gfx8.hotmail.com, graphics.hotmail.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Internet explorer message:
    Shield icon
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.

Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More information More information

Check your time, if off a couple minutes, that has showed up for me.

I was thinking you could be on to something cause I remember changing my time a little bit for something BUT then realized I doubt I did it on both computers. I just reset int expl and firefox and restarted and I'm back on again. I wonder if it has anything to do with some of the block programs I installed since dealing with Broni...

I doubt it.

That time problem has nipped at me many times over the years.

time-a.nist.gov
    time-b.nist.gov

Have bailed me out many a time. Those 2 keep working when others fail and allows the clock errors.

What do you mean?
    time-a.nist.gov
    time-b.nist.gov

I'm on a little run here without it happening so here's hoping your trick helped. All I did was reset the time zone and the browser.

Internet time sync

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change...terval-windows
    Those a the points I use.

My times get wacky at times as I do use bootable USB Linux versions.
    Just go back into internet time and tell it to update / sync again and when done all is fine.

To test the incorrect date theory, open a cmd prompt and change the date to a year ago. For example:

date 12/13/2013

Now open Firefox and try to get to http://www.outlook.com and you'll get an error like this:

Open a cmd prompt again, reset the date (date 12/13/2014) and then try http://www.outlook.com again.

Just to be sure...How exactly do I type the date in? I can open a CMD prompt. Then how to type it? or can I just do it bottom right of taskbar?

Click the Windows 7 Start orb, type cmd, right-click the "cmd.exe" that pops up and select "Run as administrator". At the CMD prompt, type date 12/14/2013 (or whatever date you like) and press [Enter].

Ok did it...while already locked out. Then I tried my yahoo and avast was blocking it with similar message. (see photo) Put the time back and everything working ok now. I'd love to understand whats going on here...

My wife signed in with her Live.ca account when I couldn't get in with my live.ca OR outlook.com accounts. Help me understand THAT!Untitled-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ddpdave View Post

Ok did it...while already locked out. Then I tried my yahoo and avast was blocking it with similar message. (see photo) Put the time back and everything working ok now. I'd love to understand whats going on here...
    A Certificate is only valid for a specific period of time. If your computer's time is out of that range, you'll get an error.

My wife signed in with her Live.ca account when I couldn't get in with my live.ca OR outlook.com accounts. Help me understand THAT!
    Can't. Not enough info.

Live, outlook, hotmail are all the same engine...
    my live.ca email account gets locked out with this problem. My NEW outlook.com email I created gets locked out. As mine was locked out I asked the wife to come here and try her live.ca email and she gets in. No idea what is up with that.

I stopped using firefox because of a few reasons, 1 being that flashplayer pluggin keeps freezing.

So Ive been back to internet expl and things have slowly got horrible with it too. Now every 5 seconds its trying to recover a page. Back to firefox to write this....

I'm so wiping these computers clean...but I still dont understand whats happening that its happening to two computers and it seems like only my email accounts.

That is weird that she can get in and you can't get on the same computer.

Same Windows account?

Same browser?

Same windows account and same browser. I reformatted my laptp...finally had enough. I will have to reformat my desktop computer next BUT I'm waiting to see how the laptop responds for a bit. I went to my fathers and my email works fine. Must be something from a virus on both my puters. New installed windows...already started with script could cause computer to slow down message. I miss my ipad...(I've rid of wifi for health reasons)

New installed windows...already started with script could cause computer to slow down message.
    That error can be caused by a buggy|corrupted|long script in a webpage.

Thread Information