HTML Browser

Thread: HTML Browser

HTML Browser

Is there is an alternate browser that I can write HTML with? FF will and also IE11 on some sites.
    Thanks for any suggestions

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Internet Explorer (8-11), Firefox, and Chrome are the big 3 browsers, but you would not normally write HTML pages with those. You would test the pages in those browsers to make sure they looked as you designed them. There are HTML editors of various types available. More clarification is needed on exactly what you are looking for. Please supply a more detailed explanation of what you are wanting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Internet Explorer (8-11), Firefox, and Chrome are the big 3 browsers, but you would not normally write HTML pages with those. You would test the pages in those browsers to make sure they looked as you designed them. There are HTML editors of various types available. More clarification is needed on exactly what you are looking for. Please supply a more detailed explanation of what you are wanting to do.
    Thanks for your response jdc2000.
    I need a browser that will open and display HTML and Compose in HTML. Most my email is written using HTML and I receive a lot of email in HTML. I need HTML to display say a page of vacation pictures in color or write in color. IE11 will do this on some sites but some it wont FF is not my favorite browser, it doesn't back up very well. Sometimes I must log in to get to a previous page of a give site. I am hoping there is an alternate browser that handles HTML well.

You could try Google Chrome. It is possible that your e-mail provider's webmail software is limited and cannot (or is not set to) display HTML mail. Since you did not specify your e-mail provider, we cannot say for sure. Two of my e-mail accounts have a setting to enable HTML mail. Yours may have that setting as well - check to make sure it is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    You could try Google Chrome. It is possible that your e-mail provider's webmail software is limited and cannot (or is not set to) display HTML mail. Since you did not specify your e-mail provider, we cannot say for sure. Two of my e-mail accounts have a setting to enable HTML mail. Yours may have that setting as well - check to make sure it is enabled.
    I have tried aol mail, msn mail, Tuffmail, gmail and others. They all support HTML. Some browsers will use HTML on some of these but not all.
    I'm trying an alternate browser that seems to work on most of these. It will require more testing to determine for sure.

All web browsers are capable of displaying HTML code - that is what web sites use. However, not all web MAIL sites are set to display or compose mail using HTML. Some have a setting that must be changed to allow this, while others prohibit it completely since it can be a security problem. For gmail, you would use Google Chrome, although gmail should work in Firefox and Internet Explorer as well. For the others, check their help pages.

You could avoid the issue altogether by using an e-mail client program such as Thunderbird or Outlook to read and compose your e-mail. However, just because you are able to compose and send an e-mail using HTML, that does not mean the recipient will be able to display the e-mail in HTML format when they receive it. They may be using an e-mail client or webmail site that does not allow or is not set to display the message in HTML format.

Or for security, disabled HTML.

I may not have explained my question too well. An example: I have an email acct at say Tuffmail. IE11 will open and display HTML mail with color pictures etc. but will not let me compose an email in HTML I can compose only in text

Firefox will open HTML and compose in HTML. I'm
    not fond of FF and would like a browser that will do both. I believe my present alternate browser will do this. I may not be supposed to name the browser on this forum.

In your example, that would be a limitation of Tuffmail, not Internet Explorer. There are settings that need to be changed to enable compose in HTML.

Links:

http://status.tuffmail.net/archives/2004/08/C1.html

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&...ernet+explorer

Thanks for the info jdc2000. I didn't know that. Guess I can contact support and see if they can help. I probably will just use FF which does work. I thank all you responders.I get much help from this forum. I thought my alternate browser would do the job but it wont compose HTML at tuffmail

Thread Information